Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rude People

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 AM
  • 18 Replies

As some of you know, I work in customer service. Now, of course I don't only encounter rude people at work, but I see them more often there.

Why do some people feel the need to be rude and obnoxious, all the time, for no reason at all? I understand assertive, when the need arises, but to be just plain mean and rude to everyone, where is the lore in that? Why do some people feel the need to act that way?

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:26 AM

People have seemed to have lost common courtesy....

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:27 AM

i think people confuse assertive with rudeness......they think they'll get what they want. 

bakebiscotti
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:29 AM

I'm very nice when I have the help pick the dirt from under my toe nails.  I say please and thank you.

I think people who have a low or perceived low station in life, sometimes feel like they need to lord it over someone.

But then again, I think some people are just mean and had a poor upbringing

rnjMOM
by Rachel on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I think people are rude and obnoxious to cover their insecurites.  Or, they are just assholes.

sneffy014
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I think some people feel freer to express themselves behind the safety of a computer screen. Also, some people are attracted to drama.

Wyldbutterfly
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I wish I had the answer to that question. I use to work in retail. I don't any longer. I completely understand what you are saying. I give you lots of credit. I couldn't handle it anymore. I was one person away from no longer biting my tongue.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Agree.

Quoting rnjMOM:

I think people are rude and obnoxious to cover their insecurites.  Or, they are just assholes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Princess223
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Who determines what's RUDE and what is'nt?

sunfireprincess
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM

they have no respect for anyone, including themselves. its sad they show how unhappy they are by bitching at other people. they also will do anything they can do to get what they want, much like a two year old

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Quoting Princess223:

Who determines what's RUDE and what is'nt?

People with an unnecessary attitude are pretty easy to spot. Being talked down to and given dirty looks, doesn't generally give people a warm and fuzzy feeling, ya know?

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)