Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Republican candidate claims Obama plans to track your fat

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM
  • 23 Replies

Is the Obama administration keeping track of our fat?

By Louis Jacobson
Published on Monday, August 30th, 2010 at 4:44 p.m.

It sounds like a claim from a chain e-mail, but it's posted on the website of a Republican candidate for Congress. Is Big Brother really going to keep tabs on your flab?

The charge was posted in a letter dated Aug. 10, 2010, on the website of Ann Marie Buerkle, a Republican who is seeking to oust Rep. Dan Maffei, a freshman Democrat representing a district in upstate New York.

The letter, addressed to "Dear Friends," was signed by the candidate herself. It said, "You may have noticed the latest 'product' from big government advocates in Washington. We now know the Obama Health and Human Services Department is planning to compile a federal health record on all U.S. citizens by 2014, and will include information on each individual"s Body Mass Index in the files. Some argue that an individual"s Body Mass Index indicates whether that person is dieting and exercising properly. We may all prefer healthy life styles, but I don"t believe the federal government needs to be involved in such personal matters. Instead, I advocate personal accountability and personal responsibility."

We checked the facts and found there were no such plans.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin7420
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:57 AM

So, she is just making it up to have something to run on?

"We checked the facts and found there were no such plans."

RachaelMac
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Yep. Everyone else can do it, why not her?

southernlamom
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I still wont be surprised when it happens. When the gov controls your health care they can control what you put in and out.

SxyMartini
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:22 PM

in and out? Is that just food? or are we also talking items in the "other" category?

Quoting southernlamom:

I still wont be surprised when it happens. When the gov controls your health care they can control what you put in and out.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Oh crap. I'm screwed.

sharebearII
by Swearbear on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:44 PM

LOL!

Quoting SxyMartini:

in and out? Is that just food? or are we also talking items in the "other" category?

Quoting southernlamom:

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg

southernlamom
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM

LOL Quite honestly..i would not be surprised if one day we'll have to report all digestive problems LOL

I meant what you put in and where it goes on your body.. LOL

muslimah
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:30 AM

If it's true I will intentionally gain 150 pounds which would put me at 270 just to spite the government.

Aasiyah
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 4:12 AM

LOLOLOL@ she is appealing to women... LOLOLOL. you know we all wouuld be mortified if this happened.  she is well.. a  "pretender" LOL.. bmi wow. who woulda thunk it.  LOL

Aasiyah
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Quoting sharebearII:

LOL!

Quoting SxyMartini:

Quoting southernlamom:

Shaking my head. LOL yep cause Obama wants to know exactly what all americans intake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)