Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone help me understand? (Becks Rally)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 29 Replies

I've been reading the posts on Becks rally and they have raised some questions.

He, and many supporters, say we need to 'turn back to God'. What god are they referring to? What specifically does turning back to god entail? Where does that leave those who don't believe in a god or do believe in a different god than Beck and his crew?

Also, do you really believe this rally will have a serious impact on this country? I've seen a lot of Reps/Cons talk about taking Congress back but I don't see much difference between the two parties anymore and doubt Republicans have our best interests in mind any more than Dems do.

I do think it's great that people are speaking up and taking an interest in politics but seems Rep, Dem, whatever it's just more of the same.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DivingDiva
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I think the wicked Forces That Be in the government must have managed to put a stop to whatever he had in the works because I'm not seeing any amazing results of his rally. 

SxyMartini
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Beck explained :

SxyMartini
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Interviews With Participants

Aasiyah
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:55 PM

i think he was going to say he was a prophet but changed his mind.  but it's coming

norwegianwood
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Well, he did have 240 religious leaders from all the major faiths on stage with him, so I think he was trying to send the message: "however you worship" it's time to turn back to 'core' religious values. I'm sure you can figure that the major religions have 'generally' the same messages; it's the 'nuances' that seem to divide.

I think you are in agreement with many of the people who went to this event, and with many of the tea partiers...there are some who want a third conservative party and others who say they'd rather 'reclaim' the republican party and force it back to its core principles by electing 'new' people rather than 'party supported' people. I know I've heard of the Constitution party and the Liberty party to name a few of these groups. I do think that those of us like me who voted for Perot will likely never vote for a third party unless or until it looks to have sufficient support. On the left, anyone who's ever voted for the Green party, likely knows what I'm saying. You effectively give the election to the party you like least by splitting away from people with whom you more closely agree.

I think what Beck is looking for is something deeper....cultural change through directed determination rather than through complacency or allowing it to occur through legislative or pop-culture messages that go unchallenged etc. I could be wrong; it's happened. I think he honestly believes that we are going to need to rely on one another like a huge extended family...like a church family does, and that if that isn't where our mindset already is, then we might really be in trouble. He could be wrong. But it strikes me so funny that 'he' is called a fear monger over spending and the economy, but the dems who cried the sky was falling since 06 played no role in the decline of consumer confidence? They weren't 'fear mongering'? If it's the truth is it 'fear mongering'? Nobody is saying that what he's been talking about on the debt, deficit, and declining dollar is false...they're just labeling.

In any case, I'm with you on the 'party' politicians. I'd like to see them all go. But, they are a necessary evil, and between the two party platforms, I'm still right of center. So, I will vote for the best candidate among the choices that I have. I don't know what else we do, Friday.

P

ddbz
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Friday, if you ever posted that you actually understood that man, I'd be very, very worried.

Thomigirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Dear Lord where do they find these dumbasses?  Genius in the yellow shirt with her feet up was stuttering so back I was waiting for her to say 'wait, let me get my Beck handbook so I can tell you what I'm supposed to say'

Quoting SxyMartini:

norwegianwood
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Jenni, my friend was interviewed by THIS VERY GUY POSING as a student ....he TOTALLY 'edited' not only what I HEARD them discuss, but the entire thing...along with adding his OWN BIASED IDEOLOGICAL questions and quotes....

seriously?

P

Quoting SxyMartini:

DarrowGirl91
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

There is no "turn BACK to God".  This nation has believed in this entirely too long.  When God gave humans freewill, he let them alone.  The US has nothing to turn back to, unless we as a nation are willining to actually walk the walk and talk the talk of Jesus...and I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

Nothing Beck or his minions, just as nothing any Dems are capable of doing for this country as far as "taking it back" until they let go of power grabs and high dollar interests for their campaigns.

Mandipants
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM

And who are all these people who are accused of 'turning away from god?'

Isn't that a little presumptuous and condescending?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)