Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teens and Tattoos?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:23 PM
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your teen get a tattoo?

Options:

Yes

No

Not Sure

It depends on their age

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 99

View Results

Would you allow your kid to get a tattoo as a teenager?  Why or why not?  Is there an age where it would be okay?

- The CafeMom Team

by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ecagle
by Kegel on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM

As a teenager, it would depend on what tattoo and where.  If they want to tattoo stars all over their face....absolutely not.  If they want to get the chinese symbol of love on their ankle, I don't care.

MommyOnLI
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:33 PM

when they turn 18 (they are still a teen in number) they can get one

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM

18 is still a teen, but i allowed it at 18. but we talked alot about it ahead of time. they were headed into college/career directions where this could backfire. 

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:38 PM

When he's 18 and moves out of the house, he can do whatever he likes.

ecagle
by Kegel on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Quoting EireLass:

18 is still a teen, but i allowed it at 18. but we talked alot about it ahead of time. they were headed into college/career directions where this could backfire. 

This is why the location would be important to me....even at 16....if they want one on the ankle or on the bottom where no one would see it except them and  the few people they want to see it....I honestly don't care.

Hearts_n_Stars
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM

sorry but 18 is my cutoff.. anytime before that hell no.. 

ecagle
by Kegel on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM

For those against it for a 16 year old....do you feel the same way about body piercings (nose, belly button, different parts of the ear etc)?

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Quoting ecagle:

For those against it for a 16 year old....do you feel the same way about body piercings (nose, belly button, different parts of the ear etc)?

yup...pierce the hell out of yourself...but the same thing applied.....what is your career choice, will it be acceptable or will it prevent you from working?  

TTWWBB
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:56 PM
I let my daughter get one at 16. She had been through an event and lost a classmate. She wanted to get a tattoo in honor and memory of this girl so she has a small angel tattoo on her shoulder. It has a lot of meaning for her so I couldn't say no. If it had just been one of those oh mom I want a Sponge Bob or something like that I would have said no...wait till you're an adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2009navywife
by New Member on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I got my first tattoo at 16 with my mom. I dont see anything wrong with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)