Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chief of Staff ..exiting white house???

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:30 AM
  • 5 Replies

Rahm Emanuel could be stepping down as Obama's White House Chief of Staff on Friday: sources

Originally Published:Monday, September 27th 2010, 10:09 PM
Updated: Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 1:13 AM

Rahm Emnauel, pictured with President Obama in 2008, is expected to run for mayor of Chicago.
Brandon/AP
Rahm Emnauel, pictured with President Obama in 2008, is expected to run for mayor of Chicago.

President Obama's right-hand man, Rahm Emanuel, may decide as soon as Friday to quit the White House and explore running for mayor of Chicago, sources said Monday night.

A source close to Emanuel, Obama's chief of staff, said that because of family considerations, no final decision has been made.

If Emanuel quits, Obama is expected to name an interim chief of staff immediately, according to ABC News. In June, Emanuel shot down rumors that he was planning to leave within six to eight months.

But he has made no secret of his longstanding desire to be the mayor of Chicago, and the buzz of his impending exit escalated to fever pitch with the news that current Mayor Richard Daley would not be seeking reelection.

Obama said this month that Emanuel would make "a terrific mayor."

Emanuel will have to move fast to get in the game. Although the Chicago primary is not until February, candidates must file a petition with 12,500 signatures by Nov. 22 to run.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/09/27/2010-09-27_rahm_emanuel_could_be_stepping_down_as_white_house_chief_of_staff_as_early_as_fr.html#ixzz10nc7dkQX
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Yeah.  He's a pinhead. 

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Bravo.

Arrogant pr*ck, gone..now get someone in who has some balls to take the country in a progressive direction.  And start selling the administration's shit to the reg ppl.

Aasiyah
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:43 AM

my feelings.. SEE YA.. AND LET THE DOOR HIT YA....

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:04 AM

It sounds as he is just the first of many, they can't leave soon enough.

heatkab2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I wonder why I have never seen anyone bring up his ties to terrorism... I mean certain folks routinely bring up"ties" yet I have never seen any post of the fact that this man's father was a member of Irgun, a Jewish terrorist organization. So much for the idea Obama is a Muslim...

Anyways... 

The faster he is gone the better. Hopefully someone worthwhile will relieve his position but I will not be surprised when another jackass gets his job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)