• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UT Campus shooting TODAY! **Edit: shooter dead**

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

Police on scene of shooting on UT campus

UT police say an active shooting situation is taking place on campus. Officials believe they have the suspect contained. No other details are available.

**Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo confirmed that the shooter is dead from what appears to be self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police are looking for an additional suspect, and therefore UT continues to be locked down, and people are urged to stay out of the area.**

Get the latest crime reports in your neighborhood with the Statesman's Crime Tracker.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2010/09/28/police_on_scene_of_shooting_on.html?cxntcid=breaking_news

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rnjMOM
by Rachel on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

“I’m driving there right now trying to get there,” university spokeswoman Rhonda Weldon said.

“The first report I got was that there was an armed suspect in the Perry-Casteneda library. Now I’m told by campus security that the individual has shot himself on the sixth but I’m not there yet so I can’t confirm that.”

rnjMOM
by Rachel on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Alicia Dietrich, public affairs assistant with the Harry Ransom Center, which is down the street from the library, said she heard the shots as she was parking her bike.

“I didn’t even know for sure that it was gunshots,” Dietrich said at 8:47 a.m. “The sirens went off about five to ten minutes ago. The building has been locked down and I don’t think they’re letting anybody in or out.”

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Oh my God. I have so many friends there...how scary. I wish the world was safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnjMOM
by Rachel on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I wonder how long until MSM picks this up...

rnjMOM
by Rachel on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM

A police officer at Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Speedway told a group of students who asked if they could go into campus: “There’s been a shooting and right now more people may be involved. You’re taking your safety into your own hands if you head anywhere in this area.”

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM

They currently have SWAT tanks and everything down there. The main shooter is dead but they are looking for a second suspect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)