Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you think of an event in your life that changed the way you see the world or that changed you in some way?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:43 AM
  • 35 Replies

Can you think of an event in your life that changed
the way you see the world or that changed you in some way?

What was the event?

How did you change?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM

i was sexually molested when i was about 6-7.....yup, the little girl died, and an adult lived in the body. 

Joqui
by Joqui on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:08 PM

=( so sorry

Quoting EireLass:

i was sexually molested when i was about 6-7.....yup, the little girl died, and an adult lived in the body. 

CatRose15
by Cat on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:21 PM

My ex abused me emotionally and verbally, sometimes physically.  It was an on-going thing, but after I left 3 years ago when he tried to give me a stroke hours after giving birth to our daughter - I've been working ever since then to NEVER allow anyone to control or manipulate me like that again.  He still tries to manipulate and control, but I'm getting much, much better at standing up for myself.  I always saw the best in people before him - now I don't. 

mistynights234
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Yes, my sister died unexpectadly last week.  It damn near killed me. I learned that there is no promise about "tomorrow".  I learned to NEVER end a conversation with anger and how easy it is to say "I love you". 

VeggieMuslima
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Yes... my best childhood friend died in a freak mistake when we were twelve, and I spent two years in a very VERY abusive relationship with a psychopath who almost killed me more than once (my own diagnosis, but hey, he fit the criteria....)

Pherlyce
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM

growing up and traveling in different countries, opened my eyes to understand other peoples belief in religion, life, and culture. Now I am married and have 3 kids, I teach them what I learn and see, and take them to the places and countries I traveled and lived before. 

survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Uhm, long list of them. 

The highlights are abandonment, molestation, abuse, emancipation, DV, education, deaths and births.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,  compassionate with aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these.  George Washngton Carver

Redteux
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Absolutely.

The birth and survival of my twins.

I now perceive the world in a completely different way.

OhiogirlinCali
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss....

Quoting mistynights234:

Yes, my sister died unexpectadly last week.  It damn near killed me. I learned that there is no promise about "tomorrow".  I learned to NEVER end a conversation with anger and how easy it is to say "I love you". 

survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I am so so sorry.

Quoting mistynights234:

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,  compassionate with aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these.  George Washngton Carver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)