Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama 'Christian By Choice': President Responds To Questioner

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

09/28/10 01:04 PM | AP

Quote:

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — President Barack Obama says he's a "Christian by choice."

Obama says he came to his Christian faith as an adult because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to him in terms of the kind of life he wanted to lead. Obama says human beings are flawed and make mistakes, but that he tries to see God in others and does his best to help them.

Obama also said he thinks his public service is an expression of his Christian faith.

Recent public opinion surveys have shown that growing numbers of Americans incorrectly believe that Obama is a Muslim.

Obama discussed his faith in response to a question Tuesday during an economy discussion with residents in a small farming town south of Albuquerque, N.M.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PamR
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM

And you can bet that there will be a multitude of people who still refuse to believe him. 

erin7420
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM

People will beleive what they want and they want to believe anything but the truth regarding this. Who really cares what his faith is?

Kaelansmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM

There are still going to be people who claim he is lying... though, I can't figure out why the hell his religion is our business...

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:43 PM

It's SHOW business...I mean POLITICS...so all of the sudden people care....They need to worry about their OWN damnation / salvation...leave everyone else OUT of it

Quoting Kaelansmom:

There are still going to be people who claim he is lying... though, I can't figure out why the hell his religion is our business...

pjs111
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I just think this country is ridiculous. Anyone who needs to see the President wear a flag pin and GO TO Curch , you just can't help, teach or communicate with these people. I don't care whether anyone does or does not go to a building and prays. The way one lives ones life is what counts. Not a "religion", it can't save all these evil predjudiced bible thumpers can it?

bakebiscotti
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM

That was the single most stupid move that man ever made.  It did not sound sincere and by saying it, he is allowing the tea baggers to drag him around by his nose.  He needs to fire his handlers. The man is through

blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Quoting bakebiscotti:

That was the single most stupid move that man ever made.  It did not sound sincere and by saying it, he is allowing the tea baggers to drag him around by his nose.  He needs to fire his handlers. The man is through

I realized this long before now....

Photobucket

angel with gold stars

nuclear_sugar
by Jaye on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:18 AM
What an asinine thing to even ask a political figure at an event completely unrelated to theology of any kind. He shouldn't have felt the need to qualify or justify his sense of faith because some douchebanger put him on the spot.

Honestly, I think we need a leader who will just put his balls out and say "Nope. I'm not discussing religion with you, because I'm a candidate for a public office, not priesthood." Or, better yet, one who is openly non-religious and comfortable admitting it.

Yep. Next term, I want a non-religious President who refuses to waste time pandering to the public about non-essential issues, and just goes straight to fixing this country.

For me, I think Obama could have been this person, but for whatever reason, the people he's allowing to advise him are watering him down so that he can "please more voters," when really it just makes him look confused and inefficient. Unfortunate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)