Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happens when you leave a happy meal out for 137 days??

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

This makes me sad cause I do love me some MickeyD's but DAMN. I may have to stop.....is it even food anymore? 

McDonald’s Hamburgers: Almost Entirely Indestructible

Left: Day 1. Right: Day 137. Terrifying.

Left: Day 1. Right: Day 137. Terrifying.Photo: Courtesy Sally Davies/Refinery 29

In the name of both art and science, New York photographer Sally Daviesdecided to buy a hamburger happy meal from McDonald's, set it out on a table, and take a picture of it every day until it disintegrated. That was 137 days ago and the end is nowhere near: The fries look as fresh as the day they came out of the fryer, and the burger — minus a little patty shrinkage — is virtually unchanged. Davies plans to keep going with the project until somethinghappens, but she'd better be ready for a long haul: A twelve-year-old McD's burger surfaced a few years ago looking shockingly well-preserved. If you find yourself in possession of a fast-food hamburger and eating it (or trashing it) isn't an option, there's always the scientific method. Take a cue from University of Nottingham chemistry professor Martyn Poliakoff (who, we must note, has fantastic hair) and dunk the whole thing in a vat of hydrochloric acid, as demonstrated in the following video:

Next time you think all Muslims are evil, murderous, war craving lunatics, Remember these faces.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AmmuJSE
by Ammu on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM

photo

Day 171, 2010 Davies Happy Meal Project

Jynnifer292
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM

How many times have you heard moms on here say that fast food "isn't going to kill them." If it does, they will be well preserved I guess.  

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM

OMG. I can't stand McDs to begin with but my kid likes the nuggets. So, I guess it's like Twinkies, they never rot? Weird.

survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Yuck!  Makes ya think.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,  compassionate with aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these.  George Washngton Carver

OhiogirlinCali
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:40 PM

So they're kind of like Twinkies....

OhiogirlinCali
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Quoting resamerie:

OMG. I can't stand McDs to begin with but my kid likes the nuggets. So, I guess it's like Twinkies, they never rot? Weird.

That was my first thought too...

JeanEMc
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Oh, holy crap!  LOL. 

I don't eat fast foodm, and if I did, I wouldn't any more.  that is just wrong.

ecagle
by Kegel on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I guess that's ANOTHER thing a pregnant lady shouldn't eat...I guess I'm stuck with beans and rice :|

AmmuJSE
by Ammu on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Quoting ecagle:

I guess that's ANOTHER thing a pregnant lady shouldn't eat...I guess I'm stuck with beans and rice :|

LOL sorry :(

what about those fast but healthy mexican places? I love them (we have costa vida, but I don't know if they are national or baja fresh). 

Next time you think all Muslims are evil, murderous, war craving lunatics, Remember these faces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)