• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Mothering or Child Abuse? (Extreme Extended Breastfeeding)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM
  • 64 Replies

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DVD
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:53 PM

throwing up

graciebsgranny
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM

That's just plain nasty!!

ready_for2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM

the human body was physically meant to breastfeed until about 5 years of age. (its no coincidence that this is when children lose their 'milk teeth').... after that i guess its just a comfort thing? not sure.... i wouldnt call it abusive though.

stormcris
by Christy on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM

If it is done when the child no longer wants it then probably a bad thing but if everyone is comfortable with it go for it.

ecagle
by Kegel on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I'm trying to be open...but those kids seem OBSESSED with their momma's breasts...I mean, they're drawing pictures of them and naming them...I dunno...and that one girl was almost 8 and still breastfeeding...

I completely get the occasional boob time at age 4 or maybe 5...no judgement...BUT...8?????

pandorasbox69
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Not abusive, but at that point, I think its more for the mother as a need tobond, then the child. Jmo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaddiesMama09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Strange?  Yes.   Child Abuse?  Definitely not.

I breastfed til 18 months and got rude comments.  I let my daughter self wean.  I just don't think I would still be wanting to breast feed a 1st grader. 

To each their own, I guess.

Kristin2008
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I agree, they are obsessed with this.

Quoting ecagle:

I'm trying to be open...but those kids seem OBSESSED with their momma's breasts...I mean, they're drawing pictures of them and naming them...I dunno...and that one girl was almost 8 and still breastfeeding...

I completely get the occasional boob time at age 4 or maybe 5...no judgement...BUT...8?????

erin7420
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:11 PM

To each their own, but that just gives me the heebee jeebies.

Joqui
by Joqui on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM
I weaned my dd at 15 months but she was not fully ready, she still "fondles" my boobies and calls them "hers" while I think this mommy u r speaking of is a bit much I cannot say its child abuse, its just ... Strange.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)