Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

HEY! That's the PRESIDENT! You don't THROW THINGS at the PRESIDENT!

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM
  • 198 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anybody else seen this? I was PISSED when a foreigner did it to Bush...it's DISRESPECTFUL as HELL....but a US citizen???? I don't CARE if you like his policies...he's YOUR PRESIDENT and he DESERVES RESPECT!

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/10/11/5271935-who-throws-a-book

P

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:05 PM

BUMP!

kc932
by Member on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

He didn't throw it at him he was throwing it to him according to the report. The book thrower wanted Obama to have a copy of his book. 

stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it was rude. 

But, why does a person deserve respect just because he has a title?

norwegianwood
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

1) That's a good 'cover' story--pun intended

2) Has he not heard of the US Postal service?

3) Him wanting the president to have something doesn't excuse the manner in which he decided to 'deliver' it.

Sorry. I was pissed as hell when shoes were thrown at Bush and people here thought it 'funny' and 'appropriate' to have THEIR leader treated with such disrespect simply because they didn't agree with him. There is NO WAY this is ANY different. The 'thrower' damn well KNEW about the shoe incident, and KNEW how it would be viewed. How 'convenient' to say later " I just wanted the president to have a copy..." Would YOU read something 'delivered' to you in such a manner? I wouldn't. No. This man did what he did to be THROWING something at OUR president. He should be RIDICULED and SHAMED by us for doing it, not have people legitimizing his LAME excuse.

P

Quoting kc932:

He didn't throw it at him he was throwing it to him according to the report. The book thrower wanted Obama to have a copy of his book. 

norwegianwood
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:22 PM
4 moms liked this

He doesn't have to HAVE the respect, but he DOES have to be TREATED with respect. He is OUR president, DULY elected in a process we SAY we respect. The OFFICE he was elected to is one that we ought to ALL respect....He is OUR face to the world. And whether or not you PERSONALLY respect him or his policies, you ought to RESPECT the OFFICE and POSITION he EARNED through a legal election process. You want YOUR guy/gal to be treated with respect while in office? You dang well ought to give it at ALL times. Sorry. That's MY president, and I don't like ANYONE disrespecting the office.

P

Quoting stormcris:

Yes, it was rude. 

Aasiyah
by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:25 PM

well Alhamdulliah it was a book and not a bullet.. i suppose obama better take heed and beef up his security and mabye deal with these people from behind the white house.. satelite tv or something.

kc932
by Member on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Well, feel how you want to about it. I am a big fan of W. Not a fan of O. I don't respect him, never have and doubt I ever will. I must admit, I did think it was a little funny when the Presidential Seal fell off the podium last week. In the end the O was not hit and never even noticed. No harm done. Secret service was not even alarmed enough to take the thrower into custody. 

Quoting norwegianwood:

1) That's a good 'cover' story--pun intended

2) Has he not heard of the US Postal service?

3) Him wanting the president to have something doesn't excuse the manner in which he decided to 'deliver' it.

Sorry. I was pissed as hell when shoes were thrown at Bush and people here thought it 'funny' and 'appropriate' to have THEIR leader treated with such disrespect simply because they didn't agree with him. There is NO WAY this is ANY different. The 'thrower' damn well KNEW about the shoe incident, and KNEW how it would be viewed. How 'convenient' to say later " I just wanted the president to have a copy..." Would YOU read something 'delivered' to you in such a manner? I wouldn't. No. This man did what he did to be THROWING something at OUR president. He should be RIDICULED and SHAMED by us for doing it, not have people legitimizing his LAME excuse.

P

Quoting kc932:

stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I think this is a problem in this country ....we treat people with respect because of a title. Respect is supposed to be earned not freely given IMO. I would not care if he was the person I voted for(I chose neither last election because I felt neither was a good choice) he should not be automatically given respect. That is why so many high ranking people in this country think they can do what they want IMO.

Quoting norwegianwood:

He doesn't have to HAVE the respect, but he DOES have to be TREATED with respect. He is OUR president, DULY elected in a process we SAY we respect. The OFFICE he was elected to is one that we ought to ALL respect....He is OUR face to the world. And whether or not you PERSONALLY respect him or his policies, you ought to RESPECT the OFFICE and POSITION he EARNED through a legal election process. You want YOUR guy/gal to be treated with respect while in office? You dang well ought to give it at ALL times. Sorry. That's MY president, and I don't like ANYONE disrespecting the office.

P

Quoting stormcris:

Yes, it was rude. 

sineado39
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Quoting kc932:

mom2Avy
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Face it. Its not going to happen..ever..no matter who is in office! If people cant even respect God, how do you expect them to respect a lot less of a man?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN