Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For some girls, The Ultimate Goal Is To Kill A Buck (image may disturb some)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM
  • 75 Replies

For Some Girls, The Ultimate Goal Is To Kill A Buck

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kara_thrace
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:24 PM

My family is full of hunters.  I grew up in southern Arkansas, so hunting is a natural way of life to me.  I never learned how to hunt, because I thought it was cruel back in the day, but now that Im older I wish I knew how so I can kill a buck and feed my family for a year.. KWIM?

bullony
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I grew up with animals hanging in the garage and the family packing the meat for the winter, stuffed on walls.  I tried hunting once after I moved out.  It was not for me!  I've since moved to a place where you don't see deer on the roof of a car or gun racks in the back window of a truck.  I have since starting having this odd feeling around guns as they are more meant for other humans than to put meat on the table.  It's a weird feeling since I grew up with not locking the doors, but having a loaded rifle by the door.  I miss having deer/elk meat so readily available.  A deer tag used to be cheaper than going to the grocery store and stocking up.

Joqui
by Joqui on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

my husband's friend has killed 4 this yr .. he always has deer meat handy

Quoting kara_thrace:

My family is full of hunters.  I grew up in southern Arkansas, so hunting is a natural way of life to me.  I never learned how to hunt, because I thought it was cruel back in the day, but now that Im older I wish I knew how so I can kill a buck and feed my family for a year.. KWIM?

Joqui
by Joqui on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM

=( I know, the other night we got our door kicked in every one's first thought was, "we need a gun"...

Quoting bullony:

I grew up with animals hanging in the garage and the family packing the meat for the winter, stuffed on walls.  I tried hunting once after I moved out.  It was not for me!  I've since moved to a place where you don't see deer on the roof of a car or gun racks in the back window of a truck.  I have since starting having this odd feeling around guns as they are more meant for other humans than to put meat on the table.  It's a weird feeling since I grew up with not locking the doors, but having a loaded rifle by the door.  I miss having deer/elk meat so readily available.  A deer tag used to be cheaper than going to the grocery store and stocking up.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM
I'm from TX...this isn't weird to me at all, or graphic. I'm too impatient to hunt but my husband hunts as does a lot of my family and friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tbache
by Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Im a hunter, I dont usually shoot anything other than Deer, My DH shot an elk this year again and thats what we eat, We shoot for food, and we always always bring home what we kill. The same thing happens to the cows at the butcher's place, they're killed cut and wrapped! There is actually an extreme huntress contest going on right now and a girl from my hometown is in 1st place to go to new zealand on a hunt! Im not that good of a hunter!  My sil is planning her pregnancy's around hunting seasons and indoor bow season. My sister on the other hand is not a hunter and is comlpetly grossed out by it, Just not her thing!

Randi02
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I guess I wouldn't call sitting in a stand and baiting 'hunting'. My family hunts, but they definitely don't do that.

I've also never seen them kill something so young :( Usually they're a lot bigger than that and have huge antlers.

What a stupid story. Yay, you can sit on your ass and eventually shoot something that walks by!

We fish, but I personally don't like to go hunting. I have... and I know how to shoot a gun but there are so many things I'd rather do lol

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to THREE! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Mama2ML
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Well, my dad and uncles and male cousins all hunt or used to. I've seen these things before, I guess it doesn't bother me, yet it does because I am a vegetarian, lol. But, I suppose there are worse things they could be doing

Della529
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I used to hunt, but neither of my daughters have ever shown an interest (my oldest daughter's husband killed a few this year though and a couple of wild hogs).  My s/o continues to hunt and trap, and is teaching our boys tracking.

wulfbourne
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:42 PM

My cousin won beauty pagents and the largest buck in her town a few years ago.  She and her sister also started hunting young. It's a way of life in some areas and an excellent food supplement.  

I never hunted, but I was very big into fishing.  I'd like to get back into it along with camping, possibly starting next summer with my girls.  So, yeah, I don't see the problem with a cheerleader or anyone else being a hunger or fisher.  It's just another activty they enjoy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)