Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE **EDIT with links to articles***

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

sign this petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/_begleybehindbars_/

I kind of borrowed this from another group so you might have seen her post already. But this is a petition to keep a child molester in prison where he belongs. IF he gets out, he does not have to register as a sex offender, due to a plea bargain. He has only served 1 1/2 years of a possible 10 year sentence. PLEASE sign this. Give the little girls who have been victimized the peace of mind of knowing he won't be back, at least not this year.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/19795514.html

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/47428017.html

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmmuJSE
by Ammu on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM

The Petition

In 2008 David Begley -Middleton, Idaho- accepted a plea deal of 1 felony injury to a child. He was sentenced to 1 year fixed, 9 indeterminate. David Begley was originally charged with lewd conduct with a minor, 3 felony counts. A fail of justice for the victims. 

David Begley is a known predator. In January of 2011 he again has a parole hearing to be released. Begley has not complied with any of the ordered therapy or classes, he does not admit fault in this case, and he will re-offend.

If David Begley is released HE WILL NOT HAVE TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER. There will be no way to know where he is. He will be free to offend, he will be a free man. We fear for the victims past and future.

Please sign this petition to keep David Begley behind bars. There are other victims who have yet to come forward. Please help protect these children and yours. 

This petition is to formally request DENIAL of David Begley for parole. 

Signed. 

SamNStefanMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Thank you. I'm sure the mom in question appreciates your support :)

Quoting AmmuJSE:

The Petition

In 2008 David Begley -Middleton, Idaho- accepted a plea deal of 1 felony injury to a child. He was sentenced to 1 year fixed, 9 indeterminate. David Begley was originally charged with lewd conduct with a minor, 3 felony counts. A fail of justice for the victims. 

David Begley is a known predator. In January of 2011 he again has a parole hearing to be released. Begley has not complied with any of the ordered therapy or classes, he does not admit fault in this case, and he will re-offend.

If David Begley is released HE WILL NOT HAVE TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER. There will be no way to know where he is. He will be free to offend, he will be a free man. We fear for the victims past and future.

Please sign this petition to keep David Begley behind bars. There are other victims who have yet to come forward. Please help protect these children and yours. 

This petition is to formally request DENIAL of David Begley for parole. 

Signed. 

Kristin2008
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Signed it! :)

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Signed mama, and left a comment too. These jackwads get off way too easy. I didn't even realize they could skip the registering as part of their plea deal. That's really F'ed up!

SamNStefanMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I agree. Basically, what happened (from what i understand) is that there were 3 girls and the parents of 2 of them didnt want them to testify so they agreed to the plea deal. When the victims can't or won't testify, the perpetrator can get off damn near scott-free. Shitty system we have here, when someone can get more time for possession of marijuana than a sex offender does. NOT proud to be an American some days  

Quoting resamerie:

Signed mama, and left a comment too. These jackwads get off way too easy. I didn't even realize they could skip the registering as part of their plea deal. That's really F'ed up!

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Here's a 'bump' for ya!

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:21 PM

It happened to me and I'm glad to help anyone trying to keep these a**holes behind bars. My abuser never spent a day behind bars. The one adult I told as a kid didn't do anything about it so I stayed silent for more years of abuse. Not silent anymore.

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

I agree. Basically, what happened (from what i understand) is that there were 3 girls and the parents of 2 of them didnt want them to testify so they agreed to the plea deal. When the victims can't or won't testify, the perpetrator can get off damn near scott-free. Shitty system we have here, when someone can get more time for possession of marijuana than a sex offender does. NOT proud to be an American some days  

Quoting resamerie:

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM

BUMP!

Della529
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Somehow I don't think and wouldn't think a parole board would let him loose this soon.  I would hope they'd have better sense.

Signed anyway, though.

A little more on the story:

Quote:

Story Created: Apr 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM MST

Story Updated: Apr 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM MST

CALDWELL - A Middleton man charged with molesting three young girls in his home daycare changed his plea to a lesser charge.

David Begley has now pled guilty to one count of felony injury to a child. Because of the plea agreement, Begley won't have to register as a sex offender.

"They had games they had story time, it was the ultimate day care, little did we know that the ultimate daycare came straight from Satan," said Christy Madsen in 2007.

Two years ago, when the daughters of Shelly Cardona and Christy Madsen told them 43-year-old David Begley inappropriately touched them, the mothers wanted justice.

"You want to yell and scream and at the same time you want to cry, it's just unbelievable," said Cardona.

The girls said it happened at the "Petra Christian Daycare" Begley and his wife ran from their Middleton home.

He was charged with three counts of lewd conduct and about to go to trial next week. But, in a recent agreement, those charges were dropped and instead, Begley pled guilty to one felony count of injury to a child.

It's a charge that doesn't require him to register as a sex offender.

"There wasn't any kind of DNA evidence, there wasn't any kind of a confession or anything to corroborate the girls story," said John Bujak, Prosecuting Attorney for Canyon County.

Bujak says without stronger evidence putting the young victims on the stand was a gamble.

When asked if Begley got off easy, Bujak responded by saying: "I'll tell you this, I think the resolution was appropriate in light of the facts in this case. If I believed that he didn't do it, didn't commit this crime, I wouldn't have had my office prosecute the case."

Begley did not return our phone calls by Wednesday night.

Bujak says while he wishes they had stronger evidence for an alleged sex crime case, getting any kind felony conviction against a child is the best possible solution.

Christy Madsen says they are supportive of the agreement made by the prosecutors.

Begley faces up to 10 years in prison. He will be in court for a sentencing hearing in June.

Prosecutors plan to ask the judge to prohibit Begley from having any contact with day-cares or daycare environments.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/42285542.html

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Oh Della, you would be so shocked to learn just how often this happens, and these SOB's walk only to reoffend.

:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)