Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Olbermann: Obama Is ‘G** D***** Wrong’

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:22 PM
  • 36 Replies
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM

bow downclappingbump

I agree. I hope they do filibuster it! Furthermore maybe we need to elect another real democrat not this Republican sell out.

kara_thrace
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM

WTF are they not getting?  Apparenlty the people did not like what Democrats were doing.. and got voted out of house and lost senate majority.. yet now they say it's time to dig their heels in?  Well Good Bye Democrats in 2012.. Looks like a repub will be takin office.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM

so...ppl were mad that the Obama admin wasn't able to wave a magic wand and undo the fuckery of the past admin's doing...plus magically fix the global economic meltdown...

Then we get the same douchebags in the majority in the senate..and now we get

yep.  you got it: don't repeal the tax BREAKS the tax CUTS that were explicitly passed as a set-up for the Obama admin (admitted to by W, although not his "idee" *snort*)

when the country is floundering

give the stinking rich MORE money

can anybody listen to those pasty-faced middle aged out of touch Repugs and not have a hard time keepin down their cookies?  cuz I sure can't

and yes..to the pp:  we NEED to elect a real progressive

but I fear it's all the same no matter the party label

until the billions are washed from our political system

we as a country are toast

hope some permutation of wikileaks continues to get dimes dropped

by those on the inside of our f*cking political machine

enough to rattle the electorate into some kind of action

(especially since the Repug stacked SCOTUS greenlighted the green)

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM

give the stinking rich more money?   Really?  First of all, it is their money to begin with.  They are just trying to prevent the government from taking more of their money.

Who are you to tell them they have to give more of their own money.  Where in the constitution does it say the rich have to pay more.  Maybe it comes from those that aren't rich but wish they were.  Maybe jealousy is behind all of this.

as far as obama waving a magic wand, he doesn't have one.  This has nothing to do with undoing the past several years.  This is all on him so quit blaming Bush.  He needs to man up and admit he lied all thru his campaign.  One by one, just like any other politician, he is breaking all his promises.  The ones that are the angriest right now are the ones that actually believed all his lies.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

so...ppl were mad that the Obama admin wasn't able to wave a magic wand and undo the fuckery of the past admin's doing...plus magically fix the global economic meltdown...

Then we get the same douchebags in the majority in the senate..and now we get

yep.  you got it: don't repeal the tax BREAKS the tax CUTS that were explicitly passed as a set-up for the Obama admin (admitted to by W, although not his "idee" *snort*)

when the country is floundering

give the stinking rich MORE money

can anybody listen to those pasty-faced middle aged out of touch Repugs and not have a hard time keepin down their cookies?  cuz I sure can't

and yes..to the pp:  we NEED to elect a real progressive

but I fear it's all the same no matter the party label

until the billions are washed from our political system

we as a country are toast

hope some permutation of wikileaks continues to get dimes dropped

by those on the inside of our f*cking political machine

enough to rattle the electorate into some kind of action

(especially since the Repug stacked SCOTUS greenlighted the green)

Della529
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I've only read the comments and I'd like to ask you Candlegal:

How do you feel about Exxon Mobile netting a profit of $19 BILLION while paying ZERO TAX and then receiving a $156 MILLION refund from the IRS?

Or how do you feel about GOOGLE paying 2.4 percent in corporate income tax?

PurdueMom
by Sherri on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Quoting candlegal:

give the stinking rich more money?   Really?  First of all, it is their money to begin with.  They are just trying to prevent the government from taking more of their money.

Who are you to tell them they have to give more of their own money.  Where in the constitution does it say the rich have to pay more.  Maybe it comes from those that aren't rich but wish they were.  Maybe jealousy is behind all of this.

as far as obama waving a magic wand, he doesn't have one.  This has nothing to do with undoing the past several years.  This is all on him so quit blaming Bush.  He needs to man up and admit he lied all thru his campaign.  One by one, just like any other politician, he is breaking all his promises.  The ones that are the angriest right now are the ones that actually believed all his lies.

Before I formulate my response to this, I have two questions for you, candlegal:

How do you believe this country can get out of its economic crisis without taxation? 

What social programs do you believe should be cut or reformed to cut spending?

Sherri

KittyLicking.gif picture by wer4pu
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Big Olberman fan are ya?wink mini

parrishsky
by Maxfield on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Olberman's an idiot!   

This country is not in this mess because of Obama and his challenges are far greater than any other president in many decades... Our focus should not be a blame game but a let's fix this! Lets create jobs and stop the US vs THEM mentality. Obviously we've not gotten very far with that approach !

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:33 AM

first of all I think we should go to a flat tax where everyone pays the same, rich or poor.

I don't know what programs need to be cut but some will have to be.  Let's start with not putting pork into all the bills.  If you vote for this, you get get this just doesn't cut it any more. Our country cannot afford this. 

Both repubs and Dems alike are doing this and it needs to stop.  Remember during the health care debate Ben Nelson got $300 million to vote for it.  How many other deals were made just for this one bill.

Let's stop with the money we are giving to other countries, billions each month that we don't have.  This is just a place to start and we can go from there.

Quoting PurdueMom:

Quoting candlegal:

Before I formulate my response to this, I have two questions for you, candlegal:

How do you believe this country can get out of its economic crisis without taxation? 

What social programs do you believe should be cut or reformed to cut spending?

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:33 AM

nope, can't stand him.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Big Olberman fan are ya?wink mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)