Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pets...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:56 AM
  • 23 Replies

What kind of food do you feed your pets?

What kind of treats and chewies do you get them?

Do they sleep in their own beds?

Get up on the furniture.. even though you tell them not too?

Tell me, how spoiled are they?

"As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and the 'bad' of your fellows, you create and opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weakens and deafets you." Morihei Ueshiba (1883~1969)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:58 AM

and to answer my questions:

Right now, we buy them the Wellness holistic food.. I will be making their food as soon as I get some cook books for it and more information from a friend of mine

They get Kongs and natural treats. When we get paid next week, I am going to get them some deer antlers to chew on.. better for them than rawhide and last longer too

They have their own beds for at night

Yes, they do ... DS' bed and my couch. As of right now, Boomer cannot jump onto my new bed.. so we keep them both off of it to be fair

:)

iluv2meow
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

What kind of food do you feed your pets?

Dogs - Iams dog food
Cat in garage - Senior Cat food
My newest addition cat - Iams cat food she likes it

What kind of treats and chewies do you get them?

Dogs - those filled crunchy bones and beggin strips
Cat in Garage - Nothing she wont eat it
Cat in House - cat nip, she is always high

Do they sleep in their own beds?

DOgs - each have their own bed, they sleep in eachothers bed including the cat sleeping their bed
Cat in Garage, has her own bed
Cat in the house - Has her own bed and uses it

Get up on the furniture.. even though you tell them not too?

Dogs - not allowed on the damn furniture and no they get yelled at. We have leather
Cat is not to go on funiture unless its on my lap

Tell me, how spoiled are they?

Dogs have coats, sweaters, t-shirts, swim wear, beds, toys, go bye bye, get baths weekly, groomed, brushed, go on family trips....

Cat out in the garage is old and doesnt care but enjoys her life

Cat in house is newest addition probably has the most stuff/toys of all, She has everything from a tower, bed, toys, and so forth. She is so cute....

jedahl1
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:01 AM
Our lovely German Shepherd isn't spoiled, but is loved. We get her Nutra Max dog food, Beggin Strips maybe once a month, and she has a bed in the living room, our room, and the baby's room. She sheds a lot, so with this system, the hair stays mostly in one place. She is a great dog and loves our 1 year old. The baby loves her dog, too. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelansmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:02 AM

I love people who love their pets! :)

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 AM

What kind of food do you feed your pets?  I feel that Blue Buffalo is the best.  (Nutro Max, second best.)

What kind of treats and chewies do you get them? We make our own dog treats with natural ingredients. 

Do they sleep in their own beds? PocoJoe sleeps between hubby and I (the reason we bought a KING size bed), Nino and Princess both want Julie, Kelly's cat often sleeps with her and Angel can't ever decide where she wants to sleep, but usually in with the girls.  The other cats all have their own beds in the laundry room. 

Get up on the furniture.. even though you tell them not too?  Two of the cats like the back of the couch, PocoJoe is always on my lap, Nino stays with Julie, Princess is really the only one who's on the couch much.  They all have their own beds and use them when we're gone---I think.  ;)

Tell me, how spoiled are they?  I'd say the were pampered indeed. 
(And $187 a month for grooming alone!)

Kaelansmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:07 AM

LOL Poodles.. that is my dog food bill every month..

You have some pampered pets ladies :)

carolyntx
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Purina dog chow. They only get bone marrow treats we learned the hard way that raw hides can cause heart problems ( the preservatives) she used to sleep with me but df put a stop to that. :( but she still gets to when he leaves for work LOL she has a bed but prefers the couch. She's ridiculously spoiled and even more so now that ds has decided she's HIS FIFI (her names sophi) and Sophi has decided he is her baby, she rarely leaves his side and has him well trained to share all snacks. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelansmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Quoting carolyntx:

Purina dog chow. They only get bone marrow treats we learned the hard way that raw hides can cause heart problems ( the preservatives) she used to sleep with me but df put a stop to that. :( but she still gets to when he leaves for work LOL she has a bed but prefers the couch. She's ridiculously spoiled and even more so now that ds has decided she's HIS FIFI (her names sophi) and Sophi has decided he is her baby, she rarely leaves his side and has him well trained to share all snacks. :/

Ya, the rawhides also mess with their digestive tract .. (Which I found out the hard way... that was a nasty day)

My Trixie is trying to get DS to share.. but, he is a greedy little guy and won't

Glad that the pup loved the baby!

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

I haven't even added up how much we spend on the food and cat litter! 

We have NINE pets.  

(and actually considering adding another pup soon.) 

Kaelansmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kaelansmom:

I haven't even added up how much we spend on the food and cat litter! 

We have NINE pets.  

(and actually considering adding another pup soon.) 

Wow.. I only have my two (unless the boy counts LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)