Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father Gets 4-Year-Old Drunk & Kills Her (Taken from the Stir)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

A 4-year-old little girl is dead in Georgia after collapsing and being rushed to the hospital. After failing to revive her, the doctors who tried to save the toddler's life were shocked when they discovered the cause of the little girl's death: extreme alcohol poisoning.

How in the world does that happen to a 4-year-old? While the details have not been released regarding how much alcohol she ingested, the father and the aunt of the little girl have been arrested and charged with felony cruelty to children and felony murder. Four other children in the home have been removed, as the implication is that the father "plied" the little girl with alcohol.

I never thought it was "cute" to let your little ones drink from your beer can, and I think most people can agree that giving your baby a bong hit is crossing the line as well. But some people, apparently, think, "Hey, what's it going to hurt?" A lot, actually.

Alcohol isn't meant for tiny people with tiny bodies, who cannot metabolize the way full-grown adults can. Even adults need an hour to metabolize an average alcoholic beverage. Someone 1/3 your size is not going to be okay sipping on your brewski. And "plieing" a toddler with alcohol, as the report says, is the same as poisoning your child.

Even a small amount can have an adverse effect, and honestly, why would you do that? To see a toddler topple around drunk? That is seriously messed up. You wouldn't give your toddler a smidgen of rat poison just to see what happens, so why give any other toxic substance?

Do you ever let your toddler have a sip?

http://thestir.cafemom.com/toddler/116030/father_gets_4yearold_drunk_kills

Disclaimer: Diabetes makes me an asshole!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kara_thrace
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Bump!

JojosMom18613
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

That's sad and disgusting. If I want to see Jo wobble around or walk funny we BOTH play Pop Goes the Weasle or Ring Around the Rosy...oi

shadowladie01
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM

What in the hell are some people thinking?  Crazy. Good thing they took the other kids.

Des10ed2b
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM

i dont understand it personally. my son grabbed a glass of champagne before i could get to it one time and said, "mmmm ma." and then the after taste kicked in and he said, "ewwwww" we have since learned to be a lot more careful around him. he is a drink thief and always wants what YOUR drinking. i wont have a drink at all now unless the kids are asleep. not even a small glass of champagne or wine. the idea of letting my children get tanked? no thank you. i dont want to encourage it as teenagers, so why would i encourage it now?

rocker_mommy_08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM

my son snagged a sip of my drink but it wasnt much. After that I strated putting my drinks high (it was a strawberry smoothie with contreu)

rnjMOM
by Rachel on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

what is "plieing"?

parrishsky
by Maxfield on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

That poor child. It's sad they could not revive her but I am glad the other children were removed from their custody. 

I feel sick when I read stories like this.

Hearts_n_Stars
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

that poor little baby... can't imagine what she went through...

i have never given my kids a sip. the only thing i let them drink: milk, apple juice, and water... i go nuts when their grandmother gives them Sprite..

kara_thrace
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I dont understand how she liked it to begin with either.  Anytime my kids have tasted alcohol, whether it was from my cup or dads, they gagged.  I wonder if he made it taste good enough she would want to drink it?

bananahammock1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Pathetic!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)