Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CNN poll shows electability key concern for Republican voters in 2012

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

CNN poll shows electability key concern for Republican voters in 2012

Posted on Tue Feb 08 2011 11:01:31 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time) by RobinMasters

Given a choice between ideology and victory, Republican voters overwhelming choose victory in the 2012 presidential race. More than two-thirds (68%) will choose someone who can beat Barack Obama over a candidate with whom they agree but might not be able to beat Obama, while only 29% will choose solely on the issues:

Given the choice between a candidate who agrees with them on the issues or a candidate who can defeat President Barack Obama in 2012, a new national poll indicates Republicans overwhelming want a winner.

According to CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Tuesday, nearly seven out of ten Republicans say they would prefer a GOP presidential nominee who can top Obama in the next election, with 29 percent saying a nominee who agrees with them on every issue that matters the most is more important.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamadixon
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM

It is no longer a concern of mine. I will NEVER again vote the lesser of two evils, or vote to keep someone out of office. I will vote my conscience or not at all. There...I feel much better now :)

SxyMartini
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM

bow down

Quoting mamadixon:

It is no longer a concern of mine. I will NEVER again vote the lesser of two evils, or vote to keep someone out of office. I will vote my conscience or not at all. There...I feel much better now :)

OhiogirlinCali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I want to see someone who can not only beat Obama, but also someone I can feel good about supporting.  Who is that?  (shrugs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)