Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the new Palin candidate

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM
  • 18 Replies
Bristol Palin to run for office?
mug.cnnpolitics

(CNN) – Forget about Sarah. The next Palin to hold elective office just might be Bristol Palin.

The famous daughter of the former vice presidential candidate told E! News she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed.

"If I saw something that needed to be changed, then I would step up to the plate and do something about it," the former dancing with the Stars contestant said.

As for the other politician in the family, the younger Palin is urging her mom to run for president.

"I think she would be a wonderful president, and I still think that she should run," Bristol said. "She's just so common-sense conservative….just, 'Here's what we've gotta do and this is how we're gonna do it,' and she brings a whole 'nother aspect to politics because she's a mom, because she runs a household, and I just think she's really smart."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/08/bristol-palin-to-run-for-office/?hpt=Sbin

thoughts? would you vote her? why?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM

ya she would make a great president * rolls eyes* She would screw up everything then quit and run away... no thanks!

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM

her momma comment i am replying too

lajoy
by Holly on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM

http://www.palinaspresident.us/

Turn up the volume, click on random items around the oval office, doors, windows, anything you see.

Laugh.

You're welcome.

wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM

If she proved that she was knowledgeable and educated, and had a platform I agreed with, of course I would vote for her.

Someday we'll figure out how to vote for people for the right reasons.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM
*runs screaming for the Canadian border*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM

While I am no Palin fan (God please do not let her run for president), I do wish people would not forget WHY she quit her job as governer.  The democrats pounced on her and was costing the state so much money, that she quit.  When she stepped down, the democrats stopped their investigations, and Alaska quit losing money.  Essentially she was shoved out.

By the way, the investigation was regarding whether or not she used her power of the office to try to get her ex brother in law fired.  What is not widely reported is that this ex brother in law (who was a state trooper) tasered an 11 year old boy, drove drunk (911 was called by the bartender) and put his gun to the head of the governer's father.  Also, by the way... the trooper still had his job at the time that the probe was going on.

Quoting glitterteaz:

ya she would make a great president * rolls eyes* She would screw up everything then quit and run away... no thanks!

tericared
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Quoting cjsbmom:

*runs screaming for the Canadian border*

I'm right behind you........

tericared
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM

She is a Sarah mini-me.......ugh

"If I saw something that needed to be changed, then I would step up to the plate and do something about it," the former dancing with the Stars contestant said.

wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Quoting kailu1835:

While I am no Palin fan (God please do not let her run for president), I do wish people would not forget WHY she quit her job as governer.  The democrats pounced on her and was costing the state so much money, that she quit.  When she stepped down, the democrats stopped their investigations, and Alaska quit losing money.  Essentially she was shoved out.

By the way, the investigation was regarding whether or not she used her power of the office to try to get her ex brother in law fired.  What is not widely reported is that this ex brother in law (who was a state trooper) tasered an 11 year old boy, drove drunk (911 was called by the bartender) and put his gun to the head of the governer's father.  Also, by the way... the trooper still had his job at the time that the probe was going on.

Quoting glitterteaz:

This kind of proves my point: no one looks very deeply at the people to whom they give power.

(But it's not like anyone really reads...)

Ednarooni
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I'll wait to see IF she runs and  what she has to say during an election....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)