Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Republicans are not conservative

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM
  • 77 Replies

Seriously... they aren't. Conservative means 'for less government' and the Republican Party advocates more government.

So, why do Americans think Republicans are Conservative?

For that matter, why do people accuse others of being Liberal when they express a desire for less government in the private lives of citizens?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawn4175
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Please explain how "liberals" are for "less government".

Inviting the government in to care for our families and run our healthcare is not "less government", imo.

How are republicans, like John McCain, who said "Here's some money for health insurance.  Now it's up to you to get it and maintain it" for more government involvement???

jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Republicans are only small government when it comes to $$$$ and big government when it comes to "morals and values". The reverse is true for liberals, very generally speaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Most Republicans want to ban abortion-more govt. 

Patriot Act- more govt.

Against legal rights for gays to marriage-more govt. 

Liberals-pro-choice-we want the govt out our uterus

Liberals-support gay marriage-less govt.

I hate the patriot act-less govt.  

They are also not conservative with spending.  

firedragonKali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Quoting Dawn4175:

Please explain how "liberals" are for "less government".

Inviting the government in to care for our families and run our healthcare is not "less government", imo.

How are republicans, like John McCain, who said "Here's some money for health insurance.  Now it's up to you to get it and maintain it" for more government involvement???

I never said Liberals were for less government. I said Republicans aren't even though they claim to be.

SxyMartini
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM

How has the government been invited to care for your family? Did they take over the healthcare industry? nope. try again...

firedragonKali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Quoting jessilin0113:

Republicans are only small government when it comes to $$$$ and big government when it comes to "morals and values". The reverse is true for liberals, very generally speaking.

Exactly. Republicans make us TRUE Conservatives look like bigoted control freaks. 

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Liberals are right on the verge of being anti gov. Democrates are pro social programs to help all people.

Conservatives are self loving money grubbers who don't care how anyone else lives or is treated so long as their cold little heart can snuggle up with their green backs at night.

im pflagIf you are gay, know or love a gay~ show your true colors and support them!gay pride ribbon

Dawn4175
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Quoting SxyMartini:

How has the government been invited to care for your family? Did they take over the healthcare industry? nope. try again...

Give it some time.  They already control Medicare and Medicaid, and they're working on the rest.

firedragonKali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Quoting Dawn4175:

Quoting SxyMartini:

Give it some time.  They already control Medicare and Medicaid, and they're working on the rest.

Proof?

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Because most of the Republicans in leadership or elected positions insist they are small govt conservatives, they lie. Most people think of Liberals as being for Nanny states telling us what's good for us but I'm Liberal on social issues meaning I don't think the govt needs to tell us our morals.

I'd be a Libertarian if I thought the free market would really regulate itself and the bigger corps wouldn't take advantage and destroy whatever it took to raise profits.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)