Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have no right to be pro-life

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM
  • 51 Replies

If dh and I have just enough to take care of our family but not enough to aid the unborn and mothers then I don't  have a right to be pro-life. I have to be able to aid in order to have an opinion on the matter. I  don't see this as fair. Not all pro-choice moms believe this way but for those who do how do you feel about those who can't afford to send money or aid?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tickled_pink09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM

BUMP!

vivc81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM

You have every right to feel the way you do.  But I do think that people who can't afford to care for anyone but their own family, and sometimes not even that, don't have the right to tell others that they have to have a child.  But you can pro-life, or pro-choice as much as you want.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Everyone can have any opinion they want...you know the saying about opinions and a##holes right? Lol

What no one is entltled to do is to make medical decisions for another (able) human being.

Unless you (not the personal you) want me to show up at your next Dr.s appointment and let them know your decisions for you...I expect the same thing in return,,,and that includes my uterus
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tickled_pink09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM

For me, I see the unborn as a person. If this is how I see unborn babies then the natural thing for me is to feel it's wrong to abort. If I saw them less than that then maybe I would feel differently. It is not about me trampling all over womens rights or about their bodies but how I feel about a innocent life.

wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Quoting tickled_pink09:

If dh and I have just enough to take care of our family but not enough to aid the unborn and mothers then I don't  have a right to be pro-life. I have to be able to aid in order to have an opinion on the matter. I  don't see this as fair. Not all pro-choice moms believe this way but for those who do how do you feel about those who can't afford to send money or aid?

There is no price of admission for your conviction. There are plenty of low- to no-cost things you can do-- like write a letter to your local politicians and publications voicing your opinion.

I like to pack up the baby supplies I don't need any more and send them to Crisis Pregnancy Centers. Doesn't cost me a thing. We have a fundraiser once a year where we get a plastic baby bottle and gather up loose change. It isn't much but it adds up.

tickled_pink09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Quoting tickled_pink09:

There is no price of admission for your conviction. There are plenty of low- to no-cost things you can do-- like write a letter to your local politicians and publications voicing your opinion.

I like to pack up the baby supplies I don't need any more and send them to Crisis Pregnancy Centers. Doesn't cost me a thing. We have a fundraiser once a year where we get a plastic baby bottle and gather up loose change. It isn't much but it adds up.

I love the donating idea:)

candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

You can also see if your city has a birthright or other crisis pregnancy center and you can volunteer there a night a week or a month.  There is plenty you can do that won't cost you but will help you feel better.

Della529
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Dedicate a small amount of your time to assisting those who are willing to teach pregnancy prevention measures.

tickled_pink09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I have no problem with giving my services. I do not drive so I would need to walk and take ds of course. We are in the process of moving and the town we are moving to has a lot of aid in the church we will be attending....

Mandipants
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM
You have the right to your opinion, you just don't have the right to dictate based on your opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)