Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick of the doctors....

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:37 AM
  • 10 Replies

Really, I am sick of doctors.

I went into the ER on January 26... for pain. They diagnosed a UTI... and ruptured cysts.. sent me home with meds and pain killers

Was back in the ER on Febuary 9th for pain in the same area. Sent me home with better pain killers and an appt with my PCM

on the 10th... my PCM gave me antibiotics and ordered a C/T scan. I had appendicitis... stayed for surgery and left on the 14th. They also found a cyst on my kidney and something on my liver... plus want to do something different for problems that were already diagnosed. (Endomitriosis and PCOS)

25th... went back to the doc for Post Op appt...

soooo

now, I have an appt on the 3rd (Endocrinology), 10th (Psychiatrist) 11th (Dentist) and the 14th (GYN)

Sick of it.. join my pity party.. booo.

"As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with and criticizing others weakens and defeats you." Morihei Ueshiba (1883~1969)

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:41 AM

After having cancer and having to see a doc daily for months...I know your pain and all but considering how much more I had to see doctors the rest of me wants to slap ya and say STFU and deal!!! LOL

Kaelansmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:42 AM

MEANIE!! lol

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Ya, my Gma says the same thing when I tell her that when she is complaining about having 3 Doc appt in a month between her and Gpa! LOL

Kaelansmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:47 AM

LOL

I didn't even mention Kael's appts... hahahaha... (damn, I need to make one with his developmental ped)

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:47 AM

lol

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Don't EVEN get me friggin' started. Long story short, I asked them for years to check my gall bladder everytime I had pancreatitis, since they are connected and most of my family has suffered from gall bladder disease. I was told pancreatitis is not hereditary and no one checked. Well, they finally did and nonchalantly told me both were shot and enjoy the next 5 years. That was almost 3 years ago. Enjoy me for the next two years everyone! Because I plan on bugging the hell out of anyone and everyone from now until then :)

Truth be told though, I believe I will be taken when it's my time to go.

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Bleh you have my sympathy I hate that I have to go to so many doctors and often it is like they are all guessing. After so many things getting misdiagnosed I know that pain.

fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Our whole family has been in and out of our local urgent care all freaking month....

Now I have to go see an ENT for a likely ruptured eardrum and now I can't hear freaking squat on that side.  Everything sounds distorted.

Like Resa.....I oughta get my liver/pancreas/gallbladder checked....I have intermittent abdominal pains and have for a while....but I'm too freaking scared to find anything out.

Not to mention my lousy ass blood pressure and my arrhythmia that likes to act up when I get stressed.....despite the face I'm taking meds for these and for depression.

OP:  I understand and feel your pain.  Totally.  Glitter.....I am glad to see you appear to have defeated that Cancer.  Cancer runs in my family and scares the shit out of me:(

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM

At a minimum you should have a reserved sign in the closest parking spot!! 

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Lol! I totally agree with this! Anytime I drive myself to the ER, whether they keep me or not, I always lose my car. I could SWEAR I remembered where I parked each time but end up getting turned around some kind of way. One would think I knew that hospital like the back of my hand by now.

Quoting EireLass:

At a minimum you should have a reserved sign in the closest parking spot!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)