Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clarence Thomas Faces Call For His Disbarment

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas should be disbarred for his failure to truthfully complete financial-disclosure forms over a 20-year period, according to a complaint filed by the watchdog group Protect Our Elections (POE).

In a bar complaint filed with the Missouri Supreme Court, POE attorney Kevin Zeese says Thomas committed multiple violations of the Missouri Rules of Professional Conduct. (See full complaint below.)
Zeese asks the Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel to take immediate action against Thomas, including disbarment.

POE makes a compelling argument that Clarence Thomas has no business sitting on the U.S. Supreme Court:

***** A lawyer who commits a crime is subject to disbarment. A lawyer who fails to disclose important financial information as require by law is subject to disbarment. A lawyer who makes rulings on cases that will benefit himself and his wife is subject to disbarment. A Judge who commits 20 crimes by falsifying 20 disclosure forms in order to enrich himself and his family, as did Justice Thomas, is subject to disbarment. A lawyer who withholds information about a supporter when ruling on a case involving that support is subject to disbarment.

Justice Thomas violated the Rules of Professional Conduct: he committed crimes that carry serious jail time if prosecuted, he acted in a untrustworthy manner, his conduct involved dishonesty, deceit and misrepresentation, and he engaged in conduct that seriously interfered with the administration of justice. Therefore, he must be disciplined.

Below is the full bar complaint against Clarence Thomas:

http://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/2011/03/clarence-thomas-faces-call-for-his.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/49830727/Clarence-Thomas-Bar-Complaint

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Bye Thomas

Don't feel sad

Want a COKE? IN A CAN? WITH A PUBE on it?

nanaofsix531
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM

LOL Good one!

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Bye Thomas

Don't feel sad

Want a COKE? IN A CAN? WITH A PUBE on it?

"Be who you are and say what you feel....
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind... don't
matter."
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Is he not being disbarred?

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Quoting kailu1835:

Not yet, that I have read but some are working on it.

silvercrow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM

kinda like how they tried to impeach Clinton something tells me they arent going to be able to.. NOT saying He shouldnt be i am just saying i dont think it will happen

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Seems a little odd that he fills all the requirements for disbarrment yet wouldn't be disbarred :(

Quoting Friday:

Quoting kailu1835:

Not yet, that I have read but some are working on it.

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM

All the Supreme Court Justices must be quaking in their black robes.  No one is perfect and all make mistakes.

This sort of goes back to what I said about how a black person in a highly visible and highly respected and highly powerful position must be squeaky clean; more than his white contemporaries and that's always been the case. 

No one's perfect and I can't stand Clarence Thomas but I doubt he's the only Justice who's fudged on his income reports and I really, really doubt he knows whether each and every case is going to benefit him and his wife or not; for that matter, none of the justices do.  The cases they hear affect all of us; and benefit all of us so I guess the Justices should just recuse themselves from hearing and ruling on cases that make it before them.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Quoting silvercrow:

kinda like how they tried to impeach Clinton something tells me they arent going to be able to.. NOT saying He shouldnt be i am just saying i dont think it will happen

You may be right but we can always hope for justice.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I have never liked him. Someone who could do what he did to Anita Hill and blow it off/ lie about it is not capable of being judicious.  

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Quoting JonJon:

All the Supreme Court Justices must be quaking in their black robes.  No one is perfect and all make mistakes.

This sort of goes back to what I said about how a black person in a highly visible and highly respected and highly powerful position must be squeaky clean; more than his white contemporaries and that's always been the case. 

No one's perfect and I can't stand Clarence Thomas but I doubt he's the only Justice who's fudged on his income reports and I really, really doubt he knows whether each and every case is going to benefit him and his wife or not; for that matter, none of the justices do.  The cases they hear affect all of us; and benefit all of us so I guess the Justices should just recuse themselves from hearing and ruling on cases that make it before them.

If there is evidence that any other SC Justices have violated ethics or laws I'll fully support investigating and prosecuting them. I have spoken out in the past about some of Scalia's questionable dealings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)