Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wisconsin Voters Launch Recall Campaign Against Eight GOP State Senators

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

Last month, ThinkProgress reported that Wisconsin law allows any elected official who has served at least one year of their current term to be recalled from office. Today, a group of Wisconsin voters took the first step towards invoking this recall process. According to a Wisconsin Democratic Party e-mail that was obtained by ThinkProgress:

*****This morning citizens from around the state took the first steps by filing recall papers against key Republican Senators who have stood with Scott Walker and pushed his partisan power grab that will strip thousands of middle class teachers, nurses, librarians and other workers of their right to collective bargaining. And we learned just last night that their disastrous budget that will cut millions from our schools and universities. . . .

*****Make no mistake, these Republican Senators are vulnerable to recall for their radical partisan overreach. Senator Randy Hopper won his last election by just 184 votes. And Alberta Darling won her last race by only 1,007. By recalling just three of the eight Senators (Democrats) are targeting, (Democrats) can regain control of the Senate.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/02/wisconsin-recall-2

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM

AWESOME

RECALL THEM ALL!!!!

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Good for them, they know their rights and are willing to enact them.

OhiogirlinCali
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM

I would think those that are in hiding and not doing their jobs would be the ones in danger of being recalled....

nanaofsix531
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Way to go Wisconsin citizens!

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM

They are standing with their constiuients

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

I would think those that are in hiding and not doing their jobs would be the ones in danger of being recalled....

OhiogirlinCali
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I'm sure some see it that way, but others do not.  I would not be happy if my elected officials decided to hide out rather than show up and do their job, whether I agreed with their political stand or not. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM

there were 100,000 protesting at the capitol building this weekend...the biggest since Viet Nam...its a little more than SOME

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

I'm sure some see it that way, but others do not.  I would not be happy if my elected officials decided to hide out rather than show up and do their job, whether I agreed with their political stand or not. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

OhiogirlinCali
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM

100,000 is a small fraction of Wisconsin's population.  Time will tell if the majority feel the same as the protestors or not.  Time will tell if they think it's ok for their elected officials to hide instead of taking on the state's issues like mature adults.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

there were 100,000 protesting at the capitol building this weekend...the biggest since Viet Nam...its a little more than SOME

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM

the American public and the WI people in polls support the DEMS..when is the last time 100,000 got together and protested ANYTHING..o right, viet nam...apparently, its a big deal

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

100,000 is a small fraction of Wisconsin's population.  Time will tell if the majority feel the same as the protestors or not.  Time will tell if they think it's ok for their elected officials to hide instead of taking on the state's issues like mature adults.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

ellemenope
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM

WhooHOO!  Democracy in action, I love it!  Whatever the outcome, I'm proud of those Americans standing up and exercising their rights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)