Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

releasing names of foid card holders.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

I heard in a brief news clip last night that illinois is considering passing a law that would make it so anyone who had a foid cards name would be made public.  From the sounds of it it wouldn't be just there names but there addresses and so forth. I was just curious as to what people thought about it. PErsonally I can almost see why thye would do it though I think most gun crimes are more often then not committted by people who don't go through the proper channels to recieve a gun. I also think it would be a huge violation of privacy to make peoples personal information public. I can just see all the ways it could go bad.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM

What are foids cards?

prettymama72106
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM

at least in illinois you have to have one if you want to carry/own/buy a gun. YOu have to fill out a bunch of paper work and once your approved you can begin to purchase or carry guns . It is suppose to try and make it so not everyone can own a gun  to keep people who aren't suppose to have them from getting them like convicts and such

Quoting kailu1835:

What are foids cards?

Lizardannie1966
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Are you referring to the EBT card used for food stamps? If so, I am totally against releasing the names (and other pertinent information) of anyone on any type of public assistance. It serves NO purpose whatsoever and honestly, it lands smack dab in the part of life called "mind your own business" as far as I am concerned.

Quoting prettymama72106:

I heard in a brief news clip last night that illinois is considering passing a law that would make it so anyone who had a foid cards name would be made public.  From the sounds of it it wouldn't be just there names but there addresses and so forth. I was just curious as to what people thought about it. PErsonally I can almost see why thye would do it though I think most gun crimes are more often then not committted by people who don't go through the proper channels to recieve a gun. I also think it would be a huge violation of privacy to make peoples personal information public. I can just see all the ways it could go bad.

You don't have to be anti-man to be pro-woman~Jane Galvin Lewis

KC33
by Kim on Mar. 3, 2011 at 11:23 AM

If the names and addresses of gun owners are published then criminals and rapists would know which homes didn't have guns for protection ...interesting. Which idiot politician  gets the credit for this genius idea?

mrsjksimmons
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I live in IL and this is ridiculous. I agree with KC33. I don't own a gun so some criminal could see that I don't and come rob, rape and/or kill me/my family. I really want to know who thought this one up.

KC33
by Kim on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Sorry I missed your thread about this candlegal. I read your thoughts about this in the your thread and I really think a public list like that would be more dangerous for non-gun owners then gun owners. The ATF already keeps a list of gun owners so if they ever decide to seize weapons they know who's doors to knock on.

prettymama72106
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I agree it also tells criminals which homes they could possibly steal guns from I think all around it is a really bad idea I think it puts people in danger no matter how you look at it a list like that should not be made public

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

I live in IL and this is ridiculous. I agree with KC33. I don't own a gun so some criminal could see that I don't and come rob, rape and/or kill me/my family. I really want to know who thought this one up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)