Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

KENTUCKY: State GOP Rep Wants To Legalize Bullying By Christian Students

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:15 PM
  • 38 Replies

KENTUCKY: State GOP Rep Wants To Legalize Bullying By Christian Students

Tea Party-backed Kentucky state GOP Rep. Mike Harmon wants to make it legal for Christian students to bully gay kids about their sexuality. And he's filed an amendment to a pending anti-bullying bill that says so.

Harmon has filed an amendment that would allow students to condemn other students' sexual preferences as long as that expression of a religious belief does not include physical harm or damaging property. "If someone, just in conversation, said, 'You know, I think homosexuality is a sin,' well we don't want that child to be bullied because they have a certain moral or religious belief," said Harmon, "And we don't want them, certainly don't want them to be labeled a bully just because they have that particular belief."

The Democrat who sponsored the bill responds: "I would ask Mike Harmon, 'What would Jesus do?' Would He bully people based on religion? I don't think so."

Christian Love at its Best (NOT)

My next Question is are the kids killing themselves over Bullying like this and/or from their own Parents make them pussies? less of a person?? Like it or not its not the coddling that's causing these kids to kill themselves its Christians who are not actually asking themselves WWJD cause i am damn sure Christ as a Person ( i am not christian and i don't believe he was everything the bible says he is but i do believe he was a person and apart of our history) wouldn't want people doing this in his name.

Homosexuality is NOT a choice, but Homophobia is

I saw a great bumper sticker today
TEA PARTIES - are for little girls with imaginary friends.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity --Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rainbow Man - Hawaiian God who is the lover of love, eliminator of boundaries
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Fuuuux that. Who do you think is doing the bullying? The agnostic kids? The Wiccan kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:22 PM
The amendment is stupid. Stating an opinion is already covered under the first amendment.
silvercrow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Heaven forbid some(note the word some and not all) christians dont have someone to bully. damning innocent kids into believing they are dirty tainted or the numerous other things some of them say and do the anti bullying laws will take a little air out their sails

Bean1980
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:37 PM
This is so wrong on so many levels. I'm so gonna teach my boys to protect kids that get bullied, to help them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelansmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM

so,,, just because they be christian.. they can be asses????

ShadowRaven
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Gotta love living in a Commonwealth state. *rolls eyes*

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM
No, he just wants to play we're being victimized too...

Even though they are not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tericared
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Sweet Niblets where in the hell are these people coming from, and who in the hell is electing them into office......America is going to hell in a hand basket....

silvercrow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM

The only assholes allowed in this world are the christian ones like this

Quoting Kaelansmom:

so,,, just because they be christian.. they can be asses????

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM

He is fucking idiot.  I would be embarrassed if I elected him into office.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Connor 3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)