Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arby's

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:41 PM
  • 69 Replies

The other day I was at Arby's buying myself lunch on my break. Well I ordered the beef n' cheddar meal. and you know they ask me for my name?.....I was shock at first like "what"! also i gave them my nickname, "Nikki". then it was printed out on the receipt. I told them "Arby's is getting a little personal" and the girl behind the counter said " this will be in a lot more restaurants real soon".

I said i won't be eating out at this fast foods no more. too personal for me.

what do you think? and have you notice this?

The African race is a rubber ball.  The harder you dash it to the ground, the higher it will rise.  ~African Proverb

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kyliees_mommy08
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM

then dont eat out,its that simple....and yes alot of places are doing that now....it helps keep orders straight and they get to know their customers

-LucyInTheSky-
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM

My husband used to work at Arby's while he waited to hear back from the police dept. The higher-ups made them ask for names so that they could call those out instead of the order  number. The employees hated doing it, and most customers got irritated. Corporate thinks it will make them seem friendlier but my husband always felt like it was creepy to ask.

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Tell them your name is Charlie Sheen.  Apparently that's the trendiest name on Twitter these days, maybe you'll get your meal free since you're a celebrity.

Cullen.Girlie.
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM
DH brought arbys home tonight and he didn't have to give a name! Hmm! Oh well...I love fast food so idc! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-LucyInTheSky-
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Ticket numbers keep the orders straight just as well. I wAit tables and although I know a lot of customers names it's easier to keep the order straight using table numbers and seat numbers

Quoting Kyliees_mommy08:

then dont eat out,its that simple....and yes alot of places are doing that now....it helps keep orders straight and they get to know their customers

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erimar2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:55 PM

why you so angry? LOL!

Quoting Kyliees_mommy08:

The African race is a rubber ball.  The harder you dash it to the ground, the higher it will rise.  ~African Proverb

lovemyguys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM

The only places I have ever been asked to give my name is places that call you when youre order is ready like Fudruckers. We used to give them cartoon character names. Rainbow bright your order is now ready If fast food places start that up I will have fun with it. lol

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:03 PM

McDonalds ask for our name as to call us by name when our order is ready instead of a number.  I like it.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I haven't experienced that, but I wouldn't like it.  I wouldn't want them calling out my name in a restaurant...IDK...that just seems weird to me.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM

No one here does that other than big restaurants and the salon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)