Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

Woman drops appeal to court-ordered hysterectomy

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 7:02 PM by Associated Press
Updated: Mar 28, 2011 8:00 AM

MISSOULA - A cancer patient whose court-ordered hysterectomy was halted by the Montana Supreme Court earlier this month after the woman objected based on her religious beliefs and that she wanted children has decided to undergo the procedure.
A motion filed Thursday in Missoula County District Court states the 46-year-old woman believes the medical treatment recommended is in her best interests.
Justices on March 1 delayed a lower court's order that the woman undergo a hysterectomy to give her time to appeal a finding that she was not mentally competent to make the decision concerning her health.
The Missoulian reports that stage 1 cancer was diagnosed last summer when the woman was on conditional release from the Montana State Hospital where she was being treated for schizophrenia.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should the government be able to make a decision about your ability to have children?
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jenniejen77
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:20 AM

No.

mamajeh
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Why?

Quoting Jenniejen77:

No.

paper_clip
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Why? That seems like a stupid question to me. 

It's called personal freedom. Other countries limit the # of children people can have, but if my memory serves me correctly, we live in America==The country of the Free--who have Amendments to protect our freedoms. 

Jenniejen77
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Quoting mamajeh:

Why?

Quoting Jenniejen77:

No.

Because people should have the ability to choose what is best for them and their family. Granted, if the child is in danger, there should be medical evaluations, but the should the government be involved? No. I don't want the goverenment involved in any of my medical decisions. Do you?

eleecpht
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:29 AM

NO

mamajeh
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I just wanted her to elaborate.....good grief.

Quoting paper_clip:

Why? That seems like a stupid question to me. 

It's called personal freedom. Other countries limit the # of children people can have, but if my memory serves me correctly, we live in America==The country of the Free--who have Amendments to protect our freedoms. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)