Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did the U.S. start another war?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM
  • 179 Replies

Poll

Question: Well

Options:

No

Other (just cause)

Yes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 50

View Results

Did the US declare war with Libya?

I keep hearing and seeing people say that we are at war with Libya. So, what really is going on?

ETA: Fixed the Poll. Thanks Resa for pointing it out. LOL

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenJelloQueen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM

O. I. L. That's what it's all about. Don't know if it's a war......will wait and see.

Mrs.LSU
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM

NOPE  we didn't start it or the one in Iraq.  They started it with killing thousand of our people in 9/11.  Now we just stuck ourselves in this war.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Quoting GreenJelloQueen:

O. I. L. That's what it's all about. Don't know if it's a war......will wait and see.

I know oil is playing a factor as to why we are involved. What I am asking is did the US declare war on Libya? Some think we have.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Quoting Mrs.LSU:

NOPE  we didn't start it or the one in Iraq.  They started it with killing thousand of our people in 9/11.  Now we just stuck ourselves in this war.

Who is "they"?

Who started the war in Iraq?

OhiogirlinCali
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:07 PM

We didn't start it, but we sure are sticking our nose in it....

Margroc24
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:07 PM

No the U.S. did not declare war on Libya. Look at who the people are that are saying that. They have an agenda and they think it will work if they plant the seed that BO went to war without congressional approval.

You know how it is when those seeds are planted...........death panels, Obama not a US citizen, Iraq was involved in 9/11.................................................

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Quoting Margroc24:

No the U.S. did not declare war on Libya. Look at who the people are that are saying that. They have an agenda and they think it will work if they plant the seed that BO went to war without congressional approval.

You know how it is when those seeds are planted...........death panels, Obama not a US citizen, Iraq was involved in 9/11.................................................

You are smart..... happy

GreenJelloQueen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting GreenJelloQueen:

I know oil is playing a factor as to why we are involved. What I am asking is did the US declare war on Libya? Some think we have.

Actions would appear to say, yes. But I'm one of those people who waits for a Presidential Address stating the intent of war. I dunno....guess I spent to many years growing up under the bush administration. So far I only hear the chirping of crickets coming from the Oval office on this subject.

HeatUSA-Tunisia
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Quoting Mrs.LSU:

No Iraqis or Libyans Or Afghanis were in those planes on 9/11. Most of them, 15, were Saudis, our "allies", 2 were from the UAE, 1 from Lebanon and 1 Egyptian. We aren't in any of those countries.

Sofiabug
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:10 PM
There has been no declaration of war by congress on Lybia. So no.
It is a NATO peacekeeping mission. *Sarcasm*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)