Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baseball bat turns break-in into out-of-home run

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM
  • 13 Replies
WXII12.com

A woman grabbed a baseball bat from her kitchen and used it on two men who had broken into her Bass Mountain Road home on Thursday, Alamance County deputies said.

Deputies said that as they were responding to a 911 call at the home, they came upon the suspects' vehicle along Highway 87 south.

After stopping the vehicle, deputies said Richard Guthrie Jr., 28, of Greensboro, and Jeffery Martin Moore, 42, of Burlington, were found bleeding from head injuries.

Deputies said they determined that the two kicked in a front glass door and began assaulting the woman.

That's when the woman used the bat to defend herself, striking both suspects in the head, deputies said.

They were taken to the hospital where they were treated for their injuries and released, deputies said.

Guthrie and Moore were charged with first-degree burglary, assault on a female and injury to personal property. Both were also served with outstanding arrest warrants.

They were each being held with bail set at $15,000.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAA... they deserved it! and BRAVO to that woman!!!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:06 PM

BUMP!

tericared
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Way to go lady!

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Good for her.

iluv2meow
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM

see no one died because she used a BAT and not a gun ;)

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Quoting iluv2meow:

Good for her.  I am glad she was proactive and protected herself.

iluv2meow
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Im glad she didnt take a life and yet defended herself. Thing is, I find it ironic that the bat beat the intruders but yet if she had a gun it would have done no good because to get the box, unlock the box, load the gun, unlock the gun she would be dead before the gun was ever functional enough to do anything. BAT wins, its prepared right there at hand.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:18 PM

This is precisely why i do not agree with the gun control laws.  They do not help people protect themselves.

My husband carries a gun on his hip at all times.  At night that gun it still loaded and kept within arms reach for protection.  A few nights ago I was happy that we did.  I felt secure when my husband checked out our home and property when we had something odd happen in the middle of the night.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Im glad she didnt take a life and yet defended herself. Thing is, I find it ironic that the bat beat the intruders but yet if she had a gun it would have done no good because to get the box, unlock the box, load the gun, unlock the gun she would be dead before the gun was ever functional enough to do anything. BAT wins, its prepared right there at hand.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting iluv2meow:

iluv2meow
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Im sorry but it sounds awful paranoid to me, I think you best do more for your community other than just holding a gun in your hand.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

This is precisely why i do not agree with the gun control laws.  They do not help people protect themselves.

My husband carries a gun on his hip at all times.  At night that gun it still loaded and kept within arms reach for protection.  A few nights ago I was happy that we did.  I felt secure when my husband checked out our home and property when we had something odd happen in the middle of the night.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Oh don't worry i do plenty for my community.  Oh and the gun is on the hip so my hands are free to help others.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Im sorry but it sounds awful paranoid to me, I think you best do more for your community other than just holding a gun in your hand.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting iluv2meow:

iluv2meow
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:47 PM

LOL btw Im not lauging at you but I do have to laugh at your witty comment about the gun - hip - and free hand... that was a good one ;)

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Oh don't worry i do plenty for my community.  Oh and the gun is on the hip so my hands are free to help others.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)