Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Celebs say Abortion Hurts Women

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM
  • 109 Replies

Celebs say abortion hurts women, that Roe v. Wade is wrong

Kathy Ireland says, "I used to be pro-choice."

While appearing on the TV show "Politically Incorrect," Kathy Ireland participated in a debate about abortion "rights" and whether or not Florida should approve "Choose Life" license plates. Kathy is against abortion and she defended babies in the womb by saying: "I was once pro-choice and the thing that changed my mind was, I read my husband's biology books, medical books, and what I learned . . . At the moment of conception, a life starts. And this life has its own unique set of DNA, which contains a blueprint for the whole genetic makeup. The sex is determined. We know there's a life because it's growing and changing."

Mel Gibson:

On a 1990 Barbara Walters TV special, Gibson stated his opposition to birth control, infidelity and abortion. He said, "God is the only one who knows how many children we should have, and we should be ready to accept them. One can't decide for oneself who comes into this world and who doesn't. That decision doesn't belong to us."

Patricia Heaton of the hit comedy, Everybody Loves Raymond, fights abortion

Emmy winning actress, Patricia Heaton, strongly opposes abortion. She speaks publicly against abortion in media interviews and on college campuses as the Honorary Chairperson of Feminists for Life.

Heaton says, "Indeed the tragedy of abortion haunts women from all walks of life. Abortion advocates are spending millions to package their tired rhetoric and half-truths in cutting-edge advertising campaigns targeted to young women. Please join me in supporting FFL's efforts to provide complete information, practical resources, and true choices through the College Outreach program."

"The early feminists were pro-life. And really, abortion is a huge disservice to women, and it hasn't been presented that way. As Feminists for Life-what we're trying to do is support women, and so what we want to do is-reach women on campus-college campuses so that, when they get pregnant, they can find housing. They can find money they need to stay in school."

(Sources: www.feministsforlife.org and an appearance on The O'Reilly Factor - Sept. 2002)

Actress, Margaret Colin, has appeared in Three Men and a Baby and the sci-fi blockbuster, Independence Day, and on TV in Chicago Hope, Now and Again and Madigan Men. A pro-life activist since the eighth grade, Margaret credits her parents with empowering her and her siblings to promote pro-life values. At a Congressional Briefing in Washington DC on July 17, 2002, Margaret spoke about abortion. Following are excerpts:

"We marched here to support all women and to protest the violence against them, legislated by Roe v. Wade. And while many will remember the 40 million [aborted] American children that were never born, I want us to also remember the 25 million women and girls in America today who have personally experienced an abortion."

"And we remember the women who have been rendered infertile or died from legal but lethal abortions…This is violence against women…This is the failure of our American society to help and protect women."

"The 1970's women's movement robbed us of our political birthright by changing the feminist platform to support abortion…Abortion hasn't fixed the litany of problems that women were promised would be resolved." Colin encourages others to defend the unborn, "You have to be brave -- the one who speaks out for a baby so she or he can come into this life."

Kathy Ireland also spoke about abortion on the Hannity and Colmes FOX-TV show (September 2002). Ireland said:

"Is it all right for the government to allow the murder of an innocent human being? The evidence I see tells me the unborn is a human being. From the moment of conception, a new life comes into being with a complete genetic blueprint. The sex is determined. The blood type is determined… the moment that I learned that the unborn was a human being, not part of the woman's body but its own individual human being, I have no choice but to defend the most vulnerable among us."

Dolores O'Riordan: Lead Vocalist, The Cranberries:

"It's not good for women to go through the procedure [abortion] and have something living sucked out of their bodies. It belittles women. Even though some women say, 'Oh, I don't mind to have one,' every time a woman has an abortion, it just crushes her self-esteem smaller and smaller and smaller."

(Source: You! Magazine, June/July 1996)

Lakita Garth - Former Miss Black California 1995 and Runner-Up for Miss Black America.

Lakita says, "If you're pregnant, don't compound the problem by seeking an abortion. Getting an abortion doesn't solve anything. You are much better off in that situation to put the baby up for adoption because you might be able to help a couple that can't have children." Regarding saving sex for marriage, Lakita says: "I look forward to the day I can look my husband in the face and say, 'I loved you before I even knew you. I saved myself just for you.'"

On July 16, 1998, Lakita Garth spoke to a Congressional Subcommittee on the high costs of sex outside of marriage and teen pregnancy. To read Miss Garth's insightful testimony, and to go to a link with her photo, a short biography and speaking contact information, click on: Miss Black California.

http://www.prolife.com/celeb.htm

Mother Teresa said:

"The greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion, which is war against the child. The mother doesn't learn to love, but kills to solve her own problems. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want."

by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lishes
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Oh a celeb said it. They have changed my mind!

Sorry, I don't worship celebs. I couldn't give a crap less about what they say.

Remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit'll come back with you.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Yeah, but Gwyneth Paltrow and Scarlet Johannson support Planned Parenthood!  Gosh, I'm confused now...

BleedinHeartMom
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM

I dont care what celebrities say. Mel Gibson really? Over inflated egos..

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I'm always so glad to have Mel Gibson telling me what's the right thing to do.  Because he knows.

Thomigirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Ahahahahahaha

Quoting romalove:

I'm always so glad to have Mel Gibson telling me what's the right thing to do.  Because he knows.

-Shelley-
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Someone should tell Mel Gibson what hurts women is when you punch them in the face.

Lishes
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM

right

Quoting -Shelley-:

Someone should tell Mel Gibson what hurts women is when you punch them in the face.

Remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit'll come back with you.

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:29 AM

*sigh

Violence is never the answer.

Quoting -Shelley-:

Mother Teresa said:

"The greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion, which is war against the child. The mother doesn't learn to love, but kills to solve her own problems. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want."

Lishes
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM

I don't think you get it LMAO.

Quoting imamomzilla:

*sigh

Violence is never the answer.

Quoting -Shelley-:

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM

THrows eggs at that crappy siggie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)