Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother drives minivan into Hudson River after domestic spat, killing self and 3 kids

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

Chief: Mother drives minivan into Hudson River after domestic spat, killing self and 3 kids

Chief: Mom drives into NY river, killing 3 kids

A woman who had just been involved in a domestic dispute loaded her four children into a minivan Tuesday night before letting one out and driving the rest of them into the Hudson River, firefighters said. The woman and three young children were killed

The 10-year-old boy who had been let out of the minivan ran to a nearby fire station and alerted firefighters, Chief Michael Vatter said. The boy said his mother had driven off a boat ramp and into the murky water of the river, which runs between New York and New Jersey, Vatter said.

Firefighters and police officers searched for the minivan for about an hour before finding it submerged in about 10 feet of water. They used a heavy-duty tow truck to pull it up the boat ramp and onto land.

Everyone inside was dead, Vatter said.

The woman lived in Newburgh just a few blocks from where she and her children perished, he said.

Breaks my heart!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PhoenixsMommy10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM

That's horrible! Too bad she didn't let all of her children out of the car, then they would at least be safe. I can't imagine how horrible the 10 year old feels.

denise3680
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I so sick and tired of children having to pay the ultimate price for what their parents get themselves into.  Those poor babies, my heart aches for them and the 10 year old he has to grow up wondering why him, why did she do this.  SMDH

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:35 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/13826454/New_Info_on_Minivan_Tragedy

emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

that's horrible =(

lovinangels
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Ah. This is the first part of the story. This is horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)