Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O -Your Kid(s) Recite the Pledge in School?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM
  • 205 Replies

Do they say it as it's worded now, place a hand over their heart, or not, omit certain words, stand quietly, sit, none of the above.........................? Just curious.

patriotic

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eatyourveges
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Well my son can't talk yet, but I never said the pledge because of my religious beliefs.

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:33 AM

When he does........what will you teach him?

Will he be going to a public school?

Sorry, I'm  nosy. :-)

Quoting eatyourveges:

Well my son can't talk yet, but I never said the pledge because of my religious beliefs.

eema.gray
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I'm teaching them the original form (minus "under G*D), stand, hand over heart.  My son is expected to remove his hat if he's wearing one.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM
My DS is not talking yet, much less in school, but he will be taught the pledge without references to God. He will also be taught that most people will say the line "under God" and that he needs to just omit that line without making any big deal our of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM

my son recites it daily at school. he puts his hand over his heart and all that. i did not grow up saying it, and did not even learn it until my late 20's. i will stand for it, but i usually just mouth it and i don't put my hand over my heart. perhaps if i had grown up with i'd feel differently.

i did not grow up in the u.s btw.

eatyourveges
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Haha no worries.  He will be going to public school and he will stand and put his hands behind him and be silent.

Quoting imamomzilla:

When he does........what will you teach him?

Will he be going to a public school?

Sorry, I'm  nosy. :-)

Quoting eatyourveges:

Jenniejen77
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM

This. Only a daughter now, but when we do have a boy, the same thing.

Quoting eema.gray:

I'm teaching them the original form (minus "under G*D), stand, hand over heart.  My son is expected to remove his hat if he's wearing one.

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I thought you lived in Germany? Do they recite the Pledge there?

Maybe I have the wrong person. Sorry.

Quoting Jenniejen77:

This. Only a daughter now, but when we do have a boy, the same thing.

Quoting eema.gray:

LoveLiz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM

They say it with their hand on their hearts and with the under god part. Say it in school every morning.

mommyflynn
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:54 AM

my children have learned the pledge and they say it the right way.  Our founding fathers would be devastated if they knew how this country has gone to the dogs.  This country was founded on Christian principles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)