Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, so here's a question **edit**

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM
  • 39 Replies

Disclaimer: I, personally, am not bothered by what people say to me about MY religious beliefs. You can rip me up one side and back down the other and I will probably come up with some smart ass comment just to piss you off, yeah, I'm childish like that, but it's effective. I used myself as an example on this post to skate around admins rule about "not complaining about other members". But this can be applied to every day life. I see people getting harassed all the time and feeling bullied for it and THAT bothers me. We're in the 21st century for crying out loud, why do folks still have to act like their in the dark ages?

Why do one persons religious beliefs bother someone else so bad? Like, I'm a Pagan and I keep getting people who are telling me I'm wrong for believing it. Why do MY beliefs effect YOU? (And this goes for anyone)

If you work in the pizza business, this is for you

navyrecycling sweetpeatoddler boyboy on a swing

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhoenixsMommy10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Doesn't bother me. Who am I to tell someone that what they believe is wrong?

2hotTaco
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Because they are told to preach the word of god. If they do not they aren't "real" Christians.

Kaelansmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Your beliefs do not affect me.. .until you try to legislate my life with your beliefs (banning same sex marriage,... simply because your bible doesn't like it...)

or

When you use your beliefs to undermine or demonize mine

I am normally pretty laid back about beliefs...until someone starts acting like a fool and pulling BS out of their bum and spreading lies

ETA:You is general you... not OP you lol

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM
Your beliefs are yours and they don't affect me at all. I accept people for who they are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2hotTaco
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Buddhist myself. I don't care what you believe. More power to you.

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Because they are bored housewives and if they had to fix themselves they would never have time to be online.  

That's just a guess.  

christenw
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM
I am a Christian, I don't force anyone else to believe, I just recently started going back to church at the request of my 5 year old! When I'm going to church I feel more guided in life. So what ever makes you happy and works for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

why do you let these people get to you?

AnnieSparks
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM

They don't effect me by any means unless you get me involved :P

mtsmom1986
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:46 PM
I don't, but I see so many people on here who get worked up. I just used myself as an example to get around admins "no complaining about other members" rule

Quoting iluv2meow:

why do you let these people get to you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)