Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

It will be your fault!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM
  • 29 Replies

I know there have been many debates on the shopping cart. I also don't remembering seeing anyone say that if you don't put it away and if it hits a car denting it or scratching it, it will be your fault. I only say this because I was at wall mart and some lady did not put her shopping cart back and it hit another car. well the owner was in the car and came out to see what happen. When he saw the scratch he yelled at the lady. It got so bad security had to come and break up the fight. Well the cops came and made the lady give the guy her insurance info or something and they made a report. All I could do is shake my head. Well just a little heads up for next time you don't want to put your shopping cart away.

by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:10 PM

lazy people dont care about property damages.

DangerDarling
by Fabulous on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I always put my shopping cart away. I put others away if I have time, too. I also put away carts for really old people I see in the lot. Also, several people have offered to put my cart away for me when they see that I'm handling both kids on my own. I think Oklahoma is just friendlier than some other places. (That's probably the only time I'll say something positive about Oklahoma. LOL) 

ETA: When I have both kids with me, I try to park right next to the cart corral. It simplifies things enormously.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Is it just me, or does this darling baby look like that darling baby?

Maybe mama has a future president on her hands there.  ')

Brandie_xo
by Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM

A lady I used to work with had damage done to her car by a lady that just kind of shoved her cart toward the corral, and missed. She got the other womans insurance, but the insurance company refused the claim, saying it wasn't done by her vehicle, so not their problem.

I always park by the cart coral so that i can get a cart before i unload the kids, and then so i can unload the kids and them put the cart away, and i always inspect for damages when i come out of the store. i'm terrified someone is going to his my vehicle. but nothing else much i can do

lovinangels
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I always put my cart away.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Quoting lovinangels:

I always put my cart away.

I have a kid do it for me! 

sharebearII
by Swearbear on Apr. 15, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I have a friend who used to work for Walmart.   His truck got damaged in the parking lot while he was at work.  Does Walmart pay it's employees for that?   Hell no.   lol.

...Tonight I was at Costco and there was a woman putting her groceries in her car at the same time I was two or three cars away from mine.  I got finished first and kinda just walked up and grabbed hers saying, "Can I get yours for you?" as I carefully turned the cart around so as not to scratch her beautiful new Caddy.  "...without scratching your gorgeous car in the bargain," I said.  She was floored!   She couldn't believe I did that.  She said all kinds of stuff...   How ppl never help each other out, it just doesn't happen.   lol!   She watched me with her jaw open while I put our carts away and came back.  

It felt great.   :)

lovinangels
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 1:03 AM

OP's baby is gorgeous! I always get a bit shy when saying that on here.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Is it just me, or does this darling baby look like that darling baby?

Maybe mama has a future president on her hands there.  ')

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 1:04 AM

people that claim they put their carts away are lies, those that admit they dont are lazy.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Quoting iluv2meow:

people that claim they put their carts away are lies, those that admit they dont are lazy.

That's why I have a kid run it back---I'm too lazy.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN