Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How many empty houses are on your street?

We have 6.

One of them is a very cute bungalow that the city bought and rehabbed.  New driveway and siding and the works!  It has a nice floor plan and a very big kitchen.  It also has central air and a big beautiful 2.5 car garage.

It has been sitting for 8 mos since the renovations were complete.

Have you seen a house in your area sell?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Replies (31-38):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:41 PM

None- Although some are vacation homes- I live one street up from the beach-

emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:43 PM

just one. the dad committed suicide and they left the next day. can't say i blame them

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

None- Although some are vacation homes- I live one street up from the beach-

Ooooh can we be friends?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM

None.  We are all large property owners out here, most of our neighbors have been here since this area was forested.  My folks have been on this land for 31 years and hubby and I moved out here on the land 14 years ago.  When the folks are gone we will remain until we are gone---then my kids can decide what they want to do with "the homestead". 

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:45 PM

None on my street, and only about 2 in the whole neighborhood. Most people around here have lived here forever. My MIL still lives in the same house my DH grew up in 2 blocks over. Houses sell fast when they do sell. It's amazing really. I live less than 10 miles from New  Orleans and houses are still empty all around there. Some of the houses here did flood after Katrina but the main levee that broke was on their side. Only 1 broke over here and it was by the lake. Mainly the more up-scale houses were flooded and rebuilt real quick. 

stormcris
by Christy on Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM

The rental across the street is empty. There are vacant houses everywhere in my town. 

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Houses here are sitting on the market longer than I've ever seen. We don't have any empty ones though (in our neighborhood). The neighbors have had theirs on the market for almost a year, and have dropped the price a few times. I think here, for the most part, if people can financially hang in there, they are just waiting for a sale. There was one foreclosure last year down the street, even then, it was empty for a very short time. (SF Bay Area)

daisysrdeadly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 11:05 PM

we have one but it is being renovated - well flipped so the work is cheap and not up to par in this neighborhood it may be a hard sale. People are not going to like the cheap work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)