Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Childbirth pain is God's curse

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 60 Replies

...so I was told by several women recently on another thread.  This does not surprise me, if the person in question is a Bible literalist--what did surprise me was how comfy they all without exception seemed to feel with circumventing it via medication. :)  Anybody else realize how prevalent this notion still was, the God's-curse business?  Cuz I sure didn't.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roxy1984
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Sex feels good so we do it, and reproduce. It hurts to birth a child so we don't do it TOO much. lol Although that doesn't stop some of us...

Della529
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:10 PM

A "curse" as a result of disobedience.  Everything would have remained perfect had the first couple not broke the rules.  Something along those lines.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:11 PM

That`s moronic. The reason childbirth hurts so much is because of the size of our brains. As we evolved, our craniums got bigger. That`s the reason why human babies are born "premature." If you`ll notice, other species are crawling and walking just hours after birth. Our babies on the other hand are helpless for much, much longer.

Biologically, we couldn`t give birth when our babies were more developed. They wouldn`t fit! lol.

At the same time, boy am I glad for the invention of epidurals! Those suckers are a life saver...

lovinangels
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:12 PM

So is period pain, evidently.

AmmuJSE
by Ammu on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Quoting roxy1984:

Sex feels good so we do it, and reproduce. It hurts to birth a child so we don't do it TOO much. lol Although that doesn't stop some of us...

LOL someone needs to tell her....

PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I'll be first in line to bitch-slap Eve, that's all I can say.

Heather_the_Mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I'd like to know how it was supposed to be then?  Was the baby supposed to just miraculously pop out?  Because, last time a checked a baby's head is pretty darn big compared to the exit it's supposed to come out of... I don't know how it wouldn't be painful.  I think this idea was originally thought up by male chauvinists who were trying to convince their wives to keep having kids to run the farm.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:16 PM

That`s what I never understood either.

Quoting Heather_the_Mom:

I'd like to know how it was supposed to be then?  Was the baby supposed to just miraculously pop out?  Because, last time a checked a baby's head is pretty darn big compared to the exit it's supposed to come out of... I don't know how it wouldn't be painful.  I think this idea was originally thought up by male chauvinists who were trying to convince their wives to keep having kids to run the farm.

lisakansas
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Well, yeah, it's hard to avoid that conclusion. :D 

Quoting Heather_the_Mom:

I'd like to know how it was supposed to be then?  Was the baby supposed to just miraculously pop out?  Because, last time a checked a baby's head is pretty darn big compared to the exit it's supposed to come out of... I don't know how it wouldn't be painful.  I think this idea was originally thought up by male chauvinists

Della529
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:20 PM

What is it Poodles writes?   Ayi Ayi yi.

Quoting AmmuJSE:

Quoting roxy1984:

LOL someone needs to tell her....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)