Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer request for my dd and her baby...***UPDATE PHOTOS w/Oma, Opa, and Uncle Anton***

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM
  • 73 Replies

She went to hospital just to have them check her and maybe give her something to take the edge off is she wasn't far enough dialated. The baby's heart rate is decreasing with each contraction and her amnio fluid is low, so they're going to induce. I'm concerned because I had those very symptoms and with me it indicated prolapsed cord both times. So, I figure it doesn't hurt to have some prayers for a healthy outcome for both. Headed out to hospital in a few minutes. She didn't take everything with her as she wasn't anticipating being kept...isn't that always the way?

thanks guys

P

We NOW have baby Maya Grace after a very LONG and stessful day of docs considering C-section necessary which has resulted in my new found respect for my just 18yr old daughter who bore it all with calm, grace, and mature determination to see the goal and to not focus on the various 'possible' outcomes. Every single nurse, tech, doctor who attended her over the twenty four hours until she delivered vaginally with success--however scary, it was prolapsed cord and her entire head was purple with the cord around her neck, but they got her out in one more push and she's doing fine as is mom--made a point to make sure we and our dd knew just how impressed they were with her stamina, her grace under extreme labor and events, and her ability with no food for over twenty four hours, and no sleep for three days to push that baby out in 45 mins!

They ALL suspected that the baby would likely be around 5.5 lbs or maybe 6 lbs. She was 7.89 lbs! And she has a HEAD full of black hair...I think she's gorgeous, but I might be biased....: )

(Dh will have to show me what I'm doing wrong in trying to post the photos..arg)

Thank you ALL so much for the prayers! The day was very long, but not likely to be an Easter day I'll forget anytime soon. A reminder of just what a miracle life is, how fragile it is, and how important having others' pull for you is...it was a huge comfort to know before I'd even checked back that my request for prayers--and posititve thoughts : )--would be answered by the many wonderful ladies on this site. Thank you so much!

Again, I'll post photos when I figure out how...LOL

P

Did it! Look at that little Budda baby. LOL

(NO..I don't like cameras. LOL)

And here is Opa, Uncle Anton and his friend Anna:

And now, difficult as it might be, I will cease being one of those too proud grandparents that just won't stop with the pics. LOL

P

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmmuJSE
by Ammu on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:39 PM

In my Du'a NW. 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:40 PM

definitely.

Della529
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I'm in, T. 

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:54 PM

sending her and the baby happy and safe delivery thoughts!

Mandipants
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Hoping for a healthy baby and mama and a safe delivery.

I am Mandipants and I approve this message.

Every Child a Wanted Child

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM
They are both in my prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mwengenroth
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I will pray for her and the baby.

kasaloso
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I am thinking about them both.

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:23 PM

prays

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Quoting Mandipants:

Hoping for a healthy baby and mama and a safe delivery.

ditto!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)