Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's fair?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:03 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you feel you are often treated fairly?

How do you behave/react if you feel you've been treated unfairly?

Do you give to takers?

Do you take action to keep from being treated unfairly?

Who takes advantage of you the most in your life?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on May. 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Good post.  I have to think on this a bit.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

lovinangels
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Fair? I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on that concept, because in life, someone's always going to have a little more than you, and someone is always going to have less. I like to revel in my sparklingly normal life. 

As long as we aren't talking about basic rights, I'm not really worried about it.

Della529
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Like Survivor, I'm going to have to mull this around a while.

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Quoting lovinangels:

Fair? I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on that concept, because in life, someone's always going to have a little more than you, and someone is always going to have less. I like to revel in my sparklingly normal life. 

As long as we aren't talking about basic rights, I'm not really worried about it.

I've always wanted to just be normal. I never really felt the need to stand out, or to be in a limelight. I do crave recognition, but I get why I don't always receive it.

katy_kay08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I don't feel taken advantage or treated unfairly, primarily because I don't commit to doing things I truly do not want to do.   I'm not big on "fair" or keeping score.  

I learned at a rather young age that no one is promised "fair" and sometimes we give more than we get and other times we get more than we give.  

LadyByrdNest
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Quoting lovinangels:

This!! I also tend to worry if others are being treated fairly. I'm kind of an "underdog" cheerleader!

pittawadda
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici:

Do you feel you are often treated fairly? yes, however i also tend to be considerate and nice in a situation so occasionally someone will think that they can treat me unfairly because I will just take it, but that is not the case

How do you behave/react if you feel you've been treated unfairly? I point it out immediately and ask for a reason. I am always calm when I do this, but I do not finish until I have reached an answer. This usually baffles the person who was treating me unfairly and they kind of get stuck and have to fix it.

Do you give to takers? Not sure exactly what you mean. I give to who I feel really needs it. That usually doesn't involve people who just take.

Do you take action to keep from being treated unfairly? Yes, I am usually level headed and if a situation arises that I have to act, I stay calm and use facts in the situation. 

Who takes advantage of you the most in your life? Mechanics try to, but I know more about cars than most women (my mom worked as a mechanic for many a year), but mostly gov't run groups (we are military, so for example child care) because we don't have another option sometimes. There isn't much I can do about it in most situations, so I have to deal. But when something happens that shouldn't, I fully point it out and get it corrected.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Quoting lovinangels:

This.

sarah824
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Life isn't fair...

Mom taught us kids that from the beginning and it has helped tremendously in not feeling *cheated* or as though we weren't treated fairly.

survivorinohio
by René on May. 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici:

Do you feel you are often treated fairly?

How do you behave/react if you feel you've been treated unfairly?

Do you give to takers?

Do you take action to keep from being treated unfairly?

Who takes advantage of you the most in your life?

Its situational, There are times when life is unfair to everyone times when its unfair because someone is making it that way.  I have experienced both.

As I said its situational, if I find a policy to be unfair I chalk it up and consider the source.  If I find myself treated unfairly by a business I try to represent my side and resolve the issue.  Sprint had reduced my bill many times.

I have.

I am careful with money and reciepts and try to deal with people with good reputations.

I think that I have been abused by an auto shop the worst in business and  I dont know about personal life because I dont look at it like that.  In personal affairs I dont determine my investment by the return financially  and if the cause is worthy I will allow things to be unbalanced.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)