Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Prophecy Party* #4- This is so much fun, it's freaky.

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:02 PM
  • 46 Replies

What are your favorite end of the world movie/song/music quotes?

One cafemom who answers this post will win a cafemom coffee mug. You must be 16 years old to win, void where prohibited, multiple answers are encouraged and will increase your odds of winning, no purchase necessary.

Did someone say something you like in this thread? Grab the quote and paste it here for a chance to win cafemom prizes!

I'd love to talk about saving money, babies, and bad hair days over at my blog.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. No man has learned anything rightly, until he know that every day is Doomsday. -Ralph Waldo Emerson:.”

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Live this Day

"Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find "tomorrow" on the calendars of fools. Forget yesterday's defeats and ignore the problems of tomorrow. This is it. Doomsday. All you have. Make it the best day of your year.

The saddest words you can ever utter are, "If I had my life to live over again." Take the baton, now. Run with it! This is your day!

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet, friend or foe, loved one or stranger, as if they were going to be dead at midnight. Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again."

~ Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)

Della529
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Fun for who?  It's become a bit overbearing.

blueyes5243
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Nut up or shut up -- Woody Harrelson, Zombieland

Opps-- Will Smith, Independence Day

Welcome to Earth-- Will Smith, Independence Day

ProudMuslimMa2B
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chandrani
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom! --Marvin the martian

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Quoting blueyes5243:

Nut up or shut up -- Woody Harrelson, Zombieland

Opps-- Will Smith, Independence Day

Welcome to Earth-- Will Smith, Independence Day

I almost threw this one out there:

~ Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here, draggin' your heavy ass, through the burnin' desert, with your dreadlocks (tentacles) sticking out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and badÖand WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMELL?! I could've been at a BARBECUE! But I ain't mad.~

rfurlongg
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:35 PM
REM: It's The End of The World As We Know It.
I'm in my ph so I can't a link. Maybe someone can help me :-)?
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:39 PM

eye rollingProbably fun for the OP and any of the other thousands of people here and on FB and Twitter and other places on the internet that are doing the same, or similar, things.  It's not as if the posts aren't generally pretty clearly titled so if it is becoming overbearing, is there some reason you are opening them>?  It didn't occur to you that a post entitled "Prophecy Party" was going to be about the current prophecy at hand? 

Quoting Della529:

Fun for who?  It's become a bit overbearing.

\

Chandrani
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)