• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naked toddlers in public. Natural or nasty? Poll included

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:18 PM
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: At what age do you feel it`s inappropriate for a child to be nude outside?

Options:

Any age. No child should be naked outside ever.

A year and under is okay.

2 and under is fine

5 and under is fine by me.

Any time before puberty :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

When my dd was liitle, about two, she loved running around naked. So when it was hot outside I`d let her run through the sprinklers in the nudie. I never saw an issue with it but apaerntly my neighbors did. I had  so many people stop and tell me how inappropriate and dangerous it is. Supposedly she was going to be targeted by  pedophiles  now. (Ignore the fact that she is constantly supervised!)  Eh, I`m pretty sure that an article of clothing is not going stop a pervert from looking at any child.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I would not allow my kids out of the house naked. I don't let them run around inside naked either, but I do feel that if they are they should be in the house or in a yard with a privacy fence or something.

DVDoubleD
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:22 PM

We cant even post a nude child in here, they surely shouldnt be running around Dennys like that... It would be a pedophiles dream world!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 21, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Actually you can post naked pics of kids on here. They just have to be 6 months or under :-)

Quoting DVDoubleD:

We cant even post a nude child in here, they surely shouldnt be running around Dennys like that... It would be a pedophiles dream world!

ProudMuslimMa2B
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Darn I can't post my 8 mos nudie pics???!!???!!

Just kidding, I don't have any! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Imamom4sure
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:34 PM

although I didn't vote it, I actually think anytime before puberty, however, I'm think only kids under 5 can easily get away with it any time so, I'm surprised about your neighber,

my dd wears pants but goes topless at our friends pool and she is 9 years old, and totally flat and no body hair.

lovinangels
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM

my little ones run around in a bathing suit..

karla85
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM

At home, whenever they feel like it. In public I guess under 5 is fine with me. I have taken my kids to the beach and they diapers got nasty because of the water (I'm talking before diapers little swimmers) and I just let them be, of course that was in Mexico.....completely different culture, everybody minds their own bussiness (except for Mothers-in-law lol)

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Same here,lol.

Ha! I used to do that to when I was young too. Bottoms but no top.

Quoting Imamom4sure:

although I didn't vote it, I actually think anytime before puberty, however, I'm think only kids under 5 can easily get away with it any time so, I'm surprised about your neighber,

my dd wears pants but goes topless at our friends pool and she is 9 years old, and totally flat and no body hair.

manda-nicole010
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I voted never but that's because when you say public I picture mdconalds or walmart or a public park lol... not your home.

Your home your rules... I'll allow my daughter to do it when we have our own home with spinklers.

mommy2angels427
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM

we just never did it....at any age... but... if you really want an answer.. I guess 6 months makes sense..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)