Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Harold Camping's Family Radio Goes Quiet With May 21 Actually Here....Maybe he was the only one taken...

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:40 PM
  • 34 Replies

Harold Camping's Family Radio Goes Quiet With May 21 Actually Here

Harold Camping

The Huffington Post Craig Kanalley First Posted: 05/21/11 04:56 PM ET Updated: 05/21/11 06:04 PM ET

React

For all the hype leading up to this, countless broadcasts and a sprawling nationwide campaign, the airwaves of Christian station Family Radio are oddly silent with May 21, 2011 finally here.

Harold Camping, president of Family Radio and a multimillionaire, has also been quiet, as the hours tick and signs of an apocalypse are nowhere to be found.

Reuters reports Family Radio has been airing "recorded church music, devotionals and life advice unrelated to the apocalypse" throughout today. The station's website typically allows you to listen live, but the feature has been having problems today, likely due to server overload.

Camping and his group of believers had said repeatedly in past days that the rapture on May 21 was a certainty.

The non-profit Family Radio, based in California, has been a primary driver to spread the word. The non-stop promotion has gone so far that the station changed the HTML Title Name of its website to "Family Radio (FR) Worldwide - Judgment Day: May 21, 2011."

by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bean1980
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM
LOL he's hiding from all the people wanting their money back. I can't believe there were people who feel for this mans BS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ariellasmom
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Oh really now? Hmmm maybe he'll have something to say tomorrow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DVDoubleD
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Cant wait to hear his excuse statement!! popcorn

WImom2
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM

I bet they were praying, and I am sure that prayer will be why God gave us more time. Or some other sh** like that, they'll probably get more people to throw money at them to boot.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Not the first time he was wrong.

Ariellasmom
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM
I have read that rapture has been bumped to 12pm ugh such craziness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritFortress
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I feel sorry for him. It's possible he's mentally ill and really needs help. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious. 

DVDoubleD
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Quoting SpiritFortress:

I feel sorry for him. It's possible he's mentally ill and really needs help. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious. 

Nope, he is just a bad person.

ashka88
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM

He's probably sitting on a beach somewhere sipping a mai tai, laughing at all the dumbasses that sent him all that money.

bullony
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM
I have the creepy feeling that koolaid was involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)