Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calif. boy, 11, punches teacher in nose in class

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:31 AM
  • 14 Replies

ADELANTO, Calif. – An 11-year-old California boy at an alternative school for at-risk students is accused of punching his fifth-grade teacher in the face and breaking her nose.

San Bernardino County sheriff's investigators say the teacher was attacked around 9 a.m. Thursday at the Adelanto Community Day School in Adelanto, about 85 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

The teacher was taken to a nearby Mojave Desert hospital for treatment. The boy is in juvenile hall for investigation of assault.

Investigators tell the Victorville Daily Press that the boy became upset when the teacher asked him to move to another seat in the classroom. The boy refused to move and yelled at the teacher before getting up and punching her.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:48 AM

"At-risk" means at risk of becoming a criminal right? So this type of incident isn't really out of the ordinary for this type of school is it?

Toughenough1979
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:49 AM

SMH....

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM

She should have asked in a more polite manner, duh.

xCottonCandyx
No that isn't what at risk means.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BleedinHeartMom

It probably is. There should be security at these kinds of places, but a kid this unruly just needs to go to boot camp

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Quoting xCottonCandyx:

No that isn't what at risk means.

Then what does it mean?

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

BleedinHeartMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM

if they are at risk for educational failure, it probably has something to do with the attitude

RowdyRoxyRainbw
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:00 AM

I punched my teacher in the stomach on accident during a classroom brawl heehee.  

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I don't see how this is news.  This kind of thing happens and always has.

lovinangels
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM

"At risk" can actually have several meanings depending on the situation. My MIL works with "at risk" kids and those are the ones they are trying to keep out of jail. When it is used in conjunction with the word "student" it usually means someone at risk of dropping out.

It's safe to say that these kids may have some behavioral issues, so a teacher getting punched does happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)