• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What have you seen people doing?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:05 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have seen someone reading a newspaper before, putting on make up, eating, drinking* (both of which I am guilty of too,) I have even seen someone watching a MOVIE on the radios with DVD players.

Are you guilty of any bad driving habits?

*I wanted to clairify that I mean drinking a non-alcoholic beverage. I have NEVER, will NEVER, drive while intoxicated.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:08 AM
I've seen a chick fixing her hair (with BOTH hands) and driving with her knee... Nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:12 AM

I saw some fool drinking vodka (yes vodka...) and then dad and I once looked over and saw some nut job SNORTING COCAINE from a notebook on his lap.  SERIOUSLY dude???  But the worst was the girl driving with her knees I assume, and talking with a cell in one hand and holding a cigarette in the other.

RissyLee
by Rissy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I was so bad about this until I had my son.  I would put up my hair for dance, do my make up, eat, drink, and change my shoes while driving.  (not at the same time, of course)  A lot of times when going from dance rehearsal at my school to my studio I would take off the pants and shirt I had put on over my dance clothes.  Granted, I always did this while at a stop light, but it's still not the brightest idea.  

I see people eat, drink, and do their make up all the time.  

I also see people on their cell phones ALL the time, which I absolutely hate.  I can't stand it.  I NEVER text while driving (not even stopped at a stop light), and I NEVER answer my phone or make a call.  I keep my phone in a holder on my dash, so if I get a call or a text I can see who it's from.  If I think it may be important, then I'll pull into a parking lot or onto a side street to check it or call back.  I think the use of cell phones should be banned in every state with a huge fine that's charged for breaking the law.  I'm fine with hands free devices, but I think every person caught using a cell phone (texting or talking while holding it) should be fined.

RissyLee
by Rissy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Speaking of driving with knees.. an ex of mine used to drive with his knee all the time.  He was really good at it, but it freaked me out.

I've also seen someone with a beer

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Quoting katzmeow726:

I saw some fool drinking vodka (yes vodka...) and then dad and I once looked over and saw some nut job SNORTING COCAINE from a notebook on his lap.  SERIOUSLY dude???  But the worst was the girl driving with her knees I assume, and talking with a cell in one hand and holding a cigarette in the other.

I see that all the time! WTH are people thinking?

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Tara922c
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I have seen a lady eating spaghetti. I wont lie, I do eat/drink (not alcohol) and drive, but this lady had a plate, and a fork! I have also seen a lady painting her toe nails!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)