Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Euthanasia (S/O)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:12 AM
  • 13 Replies

For any who are against humane Euthanasia for humans...

Can you tell me why a pet is so much more important to keep from pain?

Why can we give our pets (you know, the creatures some people say are less than us) a release, but we can't give a human who is in such pain that they are in agony in a medically induced coma?

Why can a horse with a genetic disorder in their feet be give peace, but, my stepmother went for two months in such pain that giving her a constant narcotic drip did nothing to keep her from screaming.... ?

Why are the pets so much more important in this area, than humans?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZanGabeAllysMom
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Because the world is so worried about making sure pets have great lives... Sad.  I THINK- humans should have that right as well.  With restrictions of course.  Examples, what kind of disease they have, is it fixable, will it be a slow painful death due to the disease... things like that. 

Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM

BUMP!

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Quoting ZanGabeAllysMom:

Because the world is so worried about making sure pets have great lives... Sad.  I THINK- humans should have that right as well.  With restrictions of course.  Examples, what kind of disease they have, is it fixable, will it be a slow painful death due to the disease... things like that. 

I don't think it's that at all.

I think it's that people have inconsistent morals.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Quoting ZanGabeAllysMom:

I don't think there should be ANY restrictions. Who are we to tell one person that their suffering isn't 'enough' or 'doesn't qualify'?

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting ZanGabeAllysMom:

I don't think there should be ANY restrictions. Who are we to tell one person that their suffering isn't 'enough' or 'doesn't qualify'?

I have to agree... how one person percieves their own pain, may be completely different than another person who has the same disease, problem, etc.

kjoarcik
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting ZanGabeAllysMom:

Agreed.

TTC our first. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:33 PM

I don't think all people equate animal euthanasia with keeping the pet from suffering. I think it has to do with worth, value and money.

Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici:

I don't think all people equate animal euthanasia with keeping the pet from suffering. I think it has to do with worth, value and money.

Oh, I agree..

for that though, why would someone drop hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep grandpa a live for a few more weeks, months?

EmmasMom0305
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM
I don't understand it. I've made it very clear to my family what I'm doing if I get Alzheimer's or terminal cancer. I saw what it did to dh when his mom slowly and painfully passed away. I refuse to put my dd through that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting ZanGabeAllysMom:

I have to agree... how one person percieves their own pain, may be completely different than another person who has the same disease, problem, etc.

While I do think euthanasia should be legal, I also think there should be some (obvious) restrictions. I think that just as sex has an age of consent, this should too. I do not think that a 10 year old is capable of the reasoning skills it would take to make a decision like this. I also think that any adult who decides to do this should have to attend a (only one) mandatory counseling session and be declared competent. A severely depressed person may not be thinking clearly.

I also think (lol) that this is a very, very fine line to walk. If we give adults the ability to end their own lives because they are (after all) in charge of their own body, we are (by default) giving them the right to make the same decisions for those legally and physically dependent on them - their children.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

Follow my blog at:

http://unexpurgatedmom.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)