Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If woman have the right to an abortion, why don't we all have the right to euthanize ourselves?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:43 AM
  • 30 Replies

Just wondering.....

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:43 AM
You are comparing a fetus to a live person, not the same

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mtsmom1986
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM
Very good question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IhartU
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I've never understood this. I can't understand why were not allowed to kill ourselves. Why is that a crime?

mtsmom1986
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Oh, and... popcorn

WickdlySweet
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:08 AM
I was always supportive of euthanasia but my grandmothers last few months really made it hit home.She was bedriiden from weight issues,arthritis and heart failure.She developed diabetes from her prednisone and had deep wounds that started out as bedsores on her calves.She went completely blind from her temporal arteritis the last few months she was alive.She also could barely hear.
She laid in that nursing home bed ridden,blind,almost deaf,barely able to breath from congestive heart failure for a few months suffering.She couldn't even listen to the tv or music to pass time because of the hearing and she was coherent.Imagine that ,I mean really picture yourself in that state.
My mom fed her lunch everyday and my grandmother cried because she told my mom she was done,she was suffering and wanted to die so bad.I was releived when they put her on hospice and gave her so much morphine she was completely out of it.It was what she wanted if she couldn't pass away.For a week she was at peace at least,then she passed.My mom was called in to identify her and told me that my grandmother had the most peaceful look on here face.
When someone is suffering and terminally ill yes I believe in euthanasia just like I believe in choice for other things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:11 AM
I believe we should be able to do both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lishes
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM

we should have that right

ms.sophsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Right. It's really nt my business why someone wld do either

Quoting LauraKW:

I believe we should be able to do both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WickdlySweet
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM
I forgot to add that its illegal because its considered "morally wrong" which I don't understand because we do not all follow the same religion or morality and laws shouldn't be based on morals that are ultimately from religion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chandrani
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Quoting mtsmom1986:

Oh, and... popcorn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)