Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Legal or illegal?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM
  • 195 Replies

This is a list of known side effects. Do you think this is an illegal drug, or a legal drug?

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; difficulty urinating; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; mental or mood changes; numbness of an arm or a leg; seizure; severe or persistent dizziness; slowed or difficult breathing; sudden severe headache, nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain; tremor; vision changes. Habit forming. Can cause death if used with other drugs or alcohol.

I'd love to talk about saving money, babies, and bad hair days over at my blog.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BleedinHeartMom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:39 PM

its legal pain killers

rfurlongg
Legal.
BleedinHeartMom

most of the times the side effects is worse than the ailment

1Giovanni
by Becca on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Legal drug. My meds have most of the same side affects.

RissyLee
by Rissy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:41 PM

This is a legal drug.  I'm betting it's morphine.  I'm highly allergic to morphine, as well as the majority of other narcotics.

EDIT: I'm allergic to all narcotics, but only highly allergic to most of them.  I can take some of them with minimal side effects.  I could never be a heavy drug user without killing myself.  I'm allergic to a lot of medications, from asprin to Sudafed to narcotics.  It sucks.

Jenny-talia
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Could be morphine, could be a fluorine derived antidepressant.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM

My money's on legal.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

lovinangels
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM

It's actually demerol, a very nasty, very legal drug my mother used to use to go comatose for days. It's perfectly legal, but pot is not. 

I'd love someone to explain to me why THIS is legal for people who are in pain, but pot isn't.

Quoting RissyLee:

This is a legal drug.  I'm betting it's morphine.  I'm highly allergic to morphine, as well as the majority of other narcotics.

I'd love to talk about saving money, babies, and bad hair days over at my blog.

RissyLee
by Rissy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Demerol is intense.  That's one of the narcotics that I can actually take with minimal side effects.  I had IV demerol when I had my appendix out at 17 (after they found out I was violently allergic to morphine during surgery), and it's very heavy stuff.  It's also very highly addictive.  I used it for three days, and even with the side effects that were getting worse and worse, I was getting to the point where I would lie about how much pain I was in just to get some more.  I'll never use it again.

I don't understand why this is legal and pot isn't.  I think it's ridiculous.

Quoting lovinangels:

It's actually demerol, a very nasty, very legal drug my mother used to use to go comatose for days. It's perfectly legal, but pot is not. 

I'd love someone to explain to me why THIS is legal for people who are in pain, but pot isn't.

Quoting RissyLee:

gigglyann87
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM

My mother was given Demerol instead of an epidural when she was giving birth to me back in the 80's. Interesting....

And I don't understand either why drugs like these are legal and pot isn't. These drugs, and their side affects are much more dangerous than marijuana.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)