Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Just Had Sex: A Rant

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM
  • 36 Replies

OK, so I own a business where we work at parties.  Some are for adults but most are for kids.  We go and do mini-spa services (mani, pedi, facial) and sometimes crafts and karaoke.  Anyway, tonight we did a 13th birthday party.  There were 29 girls there, all aged either 12 or 13 (these girls are finishing up 7th grade).  There were about seven mothers in an adjacent room to where we were with the girls.  The moms were having wine and snacks and the kids were....the kids were....the kids were doing grinding dances and singing (at the top of their lungs) a song called I Just Had Sex.  They were singing SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS.  They were singing things about bitches.  There were five of us working this party, me and four workers.  The ages of my workers are 19, 22, 23, and 25.  They were all of them appalled at the age of the kids and the graphic nature of the music they were listening to.  At one point when they were singing I Just Had Sex the father walked in, looked around, and walked out.

WTH is wrong with people???  I'm not a prude and I was with young women and this music was so inappropriate for young girls to be singing. 

Am I crazy?

Anyway, I warned you this was a rant.  I came home aggravated lol, even though the party went well and the mother tipped us great.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM

nutty

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:53 PM

*stomps foot*

I was hoping for some gory sex story about yourself....

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:54 PM

As long as they were all happy and out of mommy's hair.

happy

beanielips
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Quoting Woodbabe:

*stomps foot*

I was hoping for some gory sex story about yourself....

LOL

I wish. 

romalove
by Roma on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Quoting beanielips:

Crazy!

Aside from the massive headache from the noise, I can't get past that these parents think it's OK for a 12 or 13 year old to be singing "I Just Had Sex". 

Maybe I'm too old lol.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM

That's just too much in my opinion.  I am open minded, but I would insist that that kind of behavior be turned into something more positive.  There's great music that isn't inapproriate for that age group.  That could be calmed down with some gentle nudging and a nice hyper *clean* song to dance crazy (not sexy).

romalove
by Roma on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Quoting stacymomof2:

That's just too much in my opinion.  I am open minded, but I would insist that that kind of behavior be turned into something more positive.  There's great music that isn't inapproriate for that age group.  That could be calmed down with some gentle nudging and a nice hyper *clean* song to dance crazy (not sexy).

I can't demand them change the music; I'm hired help.  I just don't get the parents who think this is OK.  What is wrong with people???

jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:06 AM
Was it the Lonely Island song? Inappropriate, but that's a parody.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Quoting jessilin0113:

Was it the Lonely Island song? Inappropriate, but that's a parody.

I don't know; one of my workers said it was from Saturday Night Live.  It likely was I guess lol.

Knowing it's a parody doesn't make me feel more comfortable about a group of 7th graders screaming 'I Just Had Sex" at the top of their lungs and grinding on each other.   One of the funny things about this particular group was they asked me if I liked Justin Bieber when I got there (I am 48 btw, lol).  Now, to me this was a trick question, because the last party I did was with nine year olds and they were saying "ewwww" to any Justin Bieber music that came on, they hated him.  So I say "I don't like him" and they start screaming because they all LOVE him.  Then they played two of his songs and the rest of the evening was all sex and SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)