Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman arrested for speaking at city council meeting in Quartszite, AZ

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:29 AM
  • 8 Replies

This story came to my attention yesterday.   I'm not sure when it occured, and this video doesn't tell us everything that happened.  All we know is this. Quartszite , AZ. resident Jennifer Jones was recognized to speak.  She was then arrested by police chief Jeff Gilbert qsite1@ci.quartzsite.az.us  over the objections of mayor Ed Foster efoster@ci.quartzsite.az.us  when she refused the order of councilman Joe Winslow jwinslow@ci.quartzsite.az.us to stop talking.  It would seem that while Jones had the floor Winslow made and passed a motion to make her stop. Mayor Gilbert rightly pointed out that motions cant be passed while someone has the floor, and that as chair of the meeting he alone could chose to recognize Jones right to speak or not.  Chief Gilbert chose to violate evereyone in America and arrestd Ms. Jones.   Meanwile the elderly towsfolk at the meeting grumbled but did nothing,  perhapse because they new if the did they would end up in a hospital.

Happy Fourth of July

here is the story as presented in the description of the posted video:

Woman arrested for speaking at city council meeting in Quartszite, AZ 

Quartzsite, AZ - The Mayor is challenged under a recall election beginning next month. Accusations have been made. The city council is persecuting the Mayor for giving the people a voice. The Chief of Police is also involved in the scandal. 

Jennifer Jones is given the floor at a city council meeting open to the public. While she is speaking the council realizes she's about to air their dirty laundry and quickly beckons their henchman to cart her off. 

The Mayor steps in and says Jones has been recognized to speak and has not violated the council's rules, but the council ignores him and has the woman removed even as the Mayor continues to contest. The police officers ignore the Mayor of the city and remove the woman. It's obvious who those cops work for, and it's not the people.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/780/267/Rogue_Cops_Seize_Control_Of_AZ_Town.html

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DVDoubleD
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:42 AM

America in a nutshell!

nanaofsix531
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2011 at 10:24 AM

The American people started losing their rights starting with the Patriot Act and has been losing them ever since.Osama Bin Laden got just what he wanted.The loss of American freedoms.Our government played right into his hands.

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM

This totally pisses me off!

Donna6503
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Amen

Quoting nanaofsix531:

The American people started losing their rights starting with the Patriot Act and has been losing them ever since.Osama Bin Laden got just what he wanted.The loss of American freedoms.Our government played right into his hands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
country50gal
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Quoting nanaofsix531:

I agree.  I wish I was a lawyer so I could defend this woman.  I would love to take on that council and the law enforcement officers!!!!  There was one councilman who was the only one who knew about parliamentary procedure and the rules of his council.  Good grief. 

country50gal
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Upon further review, I see that the only councilman who knew what was correct was the mayor.  Good grief, no one listened to him.

Jynnifer292
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Did you know that the police cheif has declared a martial law because of this? He and the town manager are totally corrupt. Watch these videos. Arizona needs to get it's head out of it's backside and do something about these snakes.

conniecabe
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:15 AM

My initial thought was "Only in Arizona."  But, I'm probably incorrect about that...sadly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured