Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It is easier to convict an innocent person because the defense does not know what to expect

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:59 AM
  • 4 Replies

This is from Darlie Routiers support page and I thought in light of Casey Anthony it was a relavent quote, worthy of discussion:

PS: It is easier to convict an innocent person because the defense does not know what to expect from the prosecution and therefore cannot prepare rebuttals in time for trial. Also the Defense does not have access to the fruits of the state's investigation, nor the same resources. Also the state witnesses have a big pow wow before the trial to coordinate their testimony, and as the testimony unfolds in the courtroom, the defense witnesses are excluded from the court and are not able to advise attorneys when false testimony is given. A guilty person on the other hand, knows exactly what to hide, rebut and can attempt to prepare a challenge to the prosecutor's case.

Thoughts?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
iluv2meow
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Bull....

You and I were talking for weeks about this case when it unfolded my friend. You and I witnessed the fact that Casey indeed lied over and over not just Casey but her parents as well. The stories changed monthly, that the cops were being led all over the state with their endless lies... Cannot find facts on lies.

I will say this much, I do think that the investigators failed to seriously do a decent job I think if they had not gotten so caught up in the drama both the family/Casey and the media and had stayed more focused this case would have had a chance and they would have done a better job.

Without a doubt Casey is a master manipulator and I have no doubt in my mind that they knew that child was dead... Too many things not right with the picture and things they did, said, and reported and yet sit there playing innocent. Their stories constantly CHANGED... If they were so innocent then why all the lies?

I will NEVER ever forget the bullshit they pulled not only on the cops but the media as well. I think too many people on this case got too distracted and lost focus. It really is too bad that this case was ruined not only by the state, people, and media, but ruined due to being so blind by her bullshit.

I will say this much though...

I do not know and will admit that there is no absolute knowledge from any of us but Casey herself what happened to Kaylee... It is POSSIBLE that there was an accident... Maybe Casey left to party and Kaylee got hurt or drowned or... I mean it is possible.... It is also still possible Casey indeed MURDERED her own child, but I am going with more of accidental or losing her temper or the boyfriend or...

As for her partying.... Well I have suspicion that was her and her parents idea to try and cover their tracks for the death of kaylee (remember the original start of this story she was KIDNAPPED) to make it APPEAR that Kaylee was staying with friends/relatives (even that story changed many times) and she was not concerned about her child and having fun and... Oh yes this is also possible it was all STAGED from the start. But it still does not explain to me, you, the public WHY she had no contact with her daughter if she was indeed "innocent" and that is why she was "partying" because she knew her daughter was in "good care". I can hardly go a day without at least texting, calling, or checking on my child.......

All I know is, for those of us that watched this case unfold from the start, it was OBVIOUS something was wrong....

I do believe Casey is not the only guilty one.

survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:54 AM

The quote wasnt really about Casey though.

Do you think that the guilty have an easier time countering the prosecutors case because they know the true facts?

Quoting iluv2meow:

Bull....

You and I were talking for weeks about this case when it unfolded my friend. You and I witnessed the fact that Casey indeed lied over and over not just Casey but her parents as well. The stories changed monthly, that the cops were being led all over the state with their endless lies... Cannot find facts on lies.

I will say this much, I do think that the investigators failed to seriously do a decent job I think if they had not gotten so caught up in the drama both the family/Casey and the media and had stayed more focused this case would have had a chance and they would have done a better job.

Without a doubt Casey is a master manipulator and I have no doubt in my mind that they knew that child was dead... Too many things not right with the picture and things they did, said, and reported and yet sit there playing innocent. Their stories constantly CHANGED... If they were so innocent then why all the lies?

I will NEVER ever forget the bullshit they pulled not only on the cops but the media as well. I think too many people on this case got too distracted and lost focus. It really is too bad that this case was ruined not only by the state, people, and media, but ruined due to being so blind by her bullshit.

I do not know and will admit that there is no absolute knowledge from any of us but Casey herself what happened to Kaylee... It is POSSIBLE that there was an accident... Maybe Casey left to party and Kaylee got hurt or drowned or... I mean it is possible.... It is also still possible Casey indeed MURDERED her own child, but I am going with more of accidental or losing her temper or the boyfriend or...

As for her partying.... Well I have suspicion that was her and her parents idea to try and cover their tracks for the death of kaylee (remember the original start of this story she was KIDNAPPED) to make it APPEAR that Kaylee was staying with friends/relatives (even that story changed many times) and she was not concerned about her child and having fun and... Oh yes this is also possible it was all STAGED from the start. But it still does not explain to me, you, the public WHY she had no contact with her daughter if she was indeed "innocent" and that is why she was "partying" because she knew her daughter was in "good care". I can hardly go a day without at least texting, calling, or checking on my child.......

All I know is, for those of us that watched this case unfold from the start, it was OBVIOUS something was wrong....

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

lovinangels
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Wouldn't this whole point make it more likely that she's actually GUILTY?

Quoting survivorinohio:

Do you think that the guilty have an easier time countering the prosecutors case because they know the true facts?

Quoting iluv2meow:

Bull....

I'm giving away an amazing free hand sanitizer and a free bottle of organic raw honey on my blog.

survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:03 AM

*sigh*  I wasnt really wanting to discuss casey.

I think that there were many things that point to guilt and many that confuse those points.

If she had laid out all of the facts to her counsellors then they would have been able to prepare for rebutting actual facts.  In this case the prosecutors case wasnt built on facts but rather conjecture and supposition.  The facts did not support it so if casey is guilty it was the pure lack of evidence that got her off not being prepared  for everybit of evidence thrown at her as this quote communicates.

Quoting lovinangels:

Wouldn't this whole point make it more likely that she's actually GUILTY?

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Bull....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)