Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kentucky Tea Party Sold “Yup, I’m A Racist” 4th Of July T-Shirts

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM
  • 30 Replies

Kentucky Tea Party Sold “Yup, I’m A Racist” 4th Of July T-Shirts

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darkpoetess
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM
That's so not cool .. I thought of them wanting less gov't but that's pretty messed up .. I hope that doesn't ruin the other Tea Partier's .. So not cool ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperChicken
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Lol, I get their joke.  There are a lot of people who make accusations of racism any time any one disagrees with the Obama administration for any reason whatsoever.  So they're making fun of that.

I'm not a tea party person, and I wouldn't wear one, but I do understand their point.   The "racism" accusation has become meaningless.

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM

I like that at least their honest! Even if their list of reasons are not based on racism!

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:35 PM

They were dumb rednecks that couldnt string a statment together that made sense...about the shirts...

Quoting SuperChicken:

Lol, I get their joke.  There are a lot of people who make accusations of racism any time any one disagrees with the Obama administration for any reason whatsoever.  So they're making fun of that.

I'm not a tea party person, and I wouldn't wear one, but I do understand their point.   The "racism" accusation has become meaningless.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Here's the article by the guy who took the video, and the video as well

http://www.examiner.com/independent-in-louisville/yup-i-m-a-racist-t-shirts-sold-at-lexington-s-july-4th-festival

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I can't imagine those shirts going over well.

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:04 PM

"What borders? The Canadian borders?"

"No the Mexican border where all those hispanics are coming from." Did I hear that right? 

romalove
by Roma on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I love these shirts!  Wouldn't you rather know who the racists are right up front?

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Quoting romalove:

I love these shirts!  Wouldn't you rather know who the racists are right up front?

Yes!

strongerthanB4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:17 PM

wow. They need their asses stomped for wearing that mess. I am 100% positive that some of those people wearing that shirt REALLY are racist. I bet they stayed in their white neighborhoods wearing them lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)